Name The Worlds Greatest

The biggest vote yet -

Name The Worlds Greatest Aircraft This Planet Has Ever Witnessed!

I’ll start this with 'Aeroplane Heaven’s MSFS…

LANCASTER BOMBER

5 Likes

Concorde.

Amongst other attributes (fast, innovative, glamorous, an engineering masterpeice) perhaps the most beautiful commercial jet airliner ever produced.

Regrettably, it was also a business failure (never recovering its enormous development costs despite wallet busting ticket prices) but let’s not dwell on such trivialities here :joy:

5 Likes

The First one:)

1 Like

Boeing 797 :wink:

5 Likes

I see your 797 and raise you the 747-XS (for Xtra Short)

3 Likes

I see your 747-XS and raise you the 737 MIN 20.

Unlike the 737 MAX 200, this 737 MIN is for just 20 pax. Perfect to get in and out of any airfield, including grass, dirt or gravel strips.

1 Like

a thousand apologies sire

Best warbird IMHO

Oh wait thats two…

3 Likes

I see your 737 MIN 20, and raise you a Lockheed Dyson.

Perfect for cleaning up the contrails of other aircraft on the go.

5 Likes

It depends on the category. If we’re talking passenger liners, then by far, the greatest ever was the Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation. Its beauty and grace were leaps and bounds ahead of everything else in its day and have never been matched since.

For war-era military, I’ll go with the P-38. For modern, after the F-14, F-15, and F-16, I stopped caring. Everything after that is just too ugly.

1 Like

1 Like

Wilga clearly :slight_smile:

A place in this thread shall be deserved to the F8-L ‘Falco’ (‘Hawk’ in english), masterpiece from italian designer Stelio Frati, recognized world-wide as one of the most beautiful and best performing light aircraft ever graced the skies :sunglasses: :it:

Lol, Ya, they don’t do that but when I saw the movie it did make me laugh. :rofl:

1 Like

Concorde, no contest. Also the most beautiful plane ever made. Sounded amazing when it took off. No, scrub that, felt amazing as you could feel it as it passed overhead.

1 Like

Concorde. Now that we’ve gone away from paper and rulers, we can’t figure out how to do it again.

1 Like

We can do it just fine but, just as back then, we don’t know how to make it economical and quiet enough.

Concorde for me too, with DC-3 in second place.

1 Like

The factory is being built just over four miles from my apartment at KGSO - where the Honda Jet is also produced.