(NDU registry change) Increase performance immediately! AMAZING!

Wow! This actually really helped! I am amazed how smoother the game got just following exactly what you said! Thank you very much for these suggestion! I will keep testing the sim but so far amazing improvement (almost runs like butter ;)) !

2 Likes

Yeah I agree! It’s very disappointing but I just did what EzarVIII had suggested and it really helped! Significantly smoother game and very little (if any) stutters! Unreal! The only difference is I set the FPS at 30 via Vsync in Sim. Give it a try (now I must say that my issue wasn’t necessarily fps, I hated the stutters which were really bad!) Good luck.

3 Likes

I too have crazy stutters in 2D, absolutely none in VR (which uses a higher resolution than my 3440x1440 screen) go figure

Hopefully I only play in VR.

So what would be strange high values?

2 Likes

i fly in VR mostly and have been having inconsistent performance recently. Thanks to everyone’s help I have been able to control the performance - I was lost at one point.
I will try the tips on this thread.

Else ( a bit off topic), i set the FPS as 30 in Nvidia control panel, but can still observe more FPS in VR. I’m puzzled here !

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Yeah! I don’t think the one in Nvidia really works the way we want so that’s why they are suggesting to set the Vsync in Sim instead and leave the Nvidia one alone.

2 Likes

You have graphics card via USB? i presume u must use a Thunderbolt 3 connecting at least?
I wanna know too!

Please check this out, at NDU [Start] =4, reboot your OS and see if you can still access your GPU.

1 Like

I’ve see a possible side effect after NDU edited:

After the last x2 random CTD (in Tokyo city + 787 + 78X-Heavy mod) , normally the next time I restart the MSFS, it will ask me [Safe Mode] / [Normal Mode]? But now I can no longer see this options and directly loaded into main menu, as in normal startup of the sim.

Anybody notice this behavior?

Can’t test it until tonight!!! in about 8 hours !!:+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the idea but it didn’t help.

So what we have so far is

1. do the NDU reg fix
  2. remove the latest toolbar pushback mod 1.4.0
    — RESTART PC—

In case of a BSOD or windows update need to check the status of the NDU reg fix to confirm value hasnt been reset from set 4 to 2

Do we need to Disable SysMain as well?!

TIA

I tried it. It made no difference whatever, good or bad, so I changed it back.

1 Like

Nope, message is still there.

I don’t see any difference either with ndu off so I turned it back on too.

2 Likes

it is not what NDU is and also not what the issue with NDU was

thanks for asking :)

~400MB is a normal value. The issue with the old mem leak was, that these non-paged pool ( which is for drivers,etc, and resides allways in RAM and can not paged ) takes the whole RAM or at least some GigaBytes of if.

If you see these 380MB you can be 100% sure not affected from any kind of ndu.sys issue :slight_smile: ( or other device driver mem leak )

6 Likes

Thanks! That’s why I don’t see anything different, it was fine already with ndu ON.

let me screw myself, I searched the use of NDU has varies definitions from different sources.
It should not be related to USB, though some quotes were saying it’s related to hardware monitoring.

Most of the website is indicating NDU has services for ‘Metered Connection’ monitoring.

1 Like

yeah
 therefore my little funny post about , where a website define it as “National Defense Univerity” :laughing:

2 Likes

Top of this thread.

Well if its not the culprit, how has it fixed my sim by removing it?

1 Like