(NDU registry change) Increase performance immediately! AMAZING!

Interesting. I had to ditch Avast because I was getting CTDs with it.

Hard to say. It isnā€™t based on one core, but speed makes a difference.

I donā€™t understand what you mean by that

Too bad. It was a profound post.

If you say soā€¦ Would you care to elaborate so people who are unable to grasp the genius of your post can be enlightened as well?

1 Like

Core speed matters even though Main Thread isnā€™t exactly limited by any single core. Unless it is.

Thanks for that. Yeah i turned it off, it made the grass look unrealistic, to the point where it became an eye-sour.

Core Speed varies unless you fix it manually. My max core speeds are aroud 5000 MHz when maxed out in MSFS

But thatā€™s not the point, since I still have at least 12 cores running close to idle. So basically with Ryzen it seems to matter little with MSFS whether you have a 4-core, 8-core or 16-core CPU running at 5000 MHz. Tested that with a 3600X and there wasnā€™t much difference in performance to my 5950X

I have no idea whether there are differences in CPU architecture or MSFS works differently with Intel CPUs. But in general I see great potential for additional improvements in performance if Asobo can get MSFS to make better use of the resources available.

3 Likes

Yeah. It feels like there is room for optimization but I really donā€™t know that for sure and neither do you. Which is annoying for both of us I am sure.

I kinda feel like they accidentally made a sim for M1 architecture but made it a PC exclusive. šŸ„²

1 Like

ā€¦and I actually left it for Defender again. Its just that Defender has got looong scans that tottaly kills fps and respons in game. But it seems better now, not sure why

1 Like

Itā€™s just fantastic. We can finally fly with very good fluidity.
The whole simulator is transformed. Accelerated loading time etc etcā€¦
A big thank you for this tip.
PS: Really incredible that no one has released this solution for several months!!!
Not even microsoft or Asobo. pffffff

2 Likes

??

the forum didā€¦ the hint to add such big games into the exclusion list and do manual checks from time to time is ā€œages oldā€. We have also topics about other ā€œsuper protection toolsā€, e.g. PSA: Anti-malware/anti-ransomware/anti-virus can cause extreme performance loss (e.g. Acronis Active Protection)

But as I told you - Im back on Defender again, and the problem seem to be gone. My guess is that the longer scans are really the problem here.

normaly a good anti-virus real-time protection should have zero impact. But in special for the relativly big game-folder/files/ā€¦ and because the default filter of many tools often badly omptimized, my experiance is that we can notice often performance impact ( I remember that therefore tools like avast have a own game-mode ). Of course, if you configured that the deep system check runs in parallel with the game, it can much more slow down ā€œhigh demanding applicationsā€ as the real-time protectionā€¦ Similar to situations where users let run the system backup in backgroundā€¦

Sorry, but I had never heard of an NDU settingsā€¦ It solved a lot of problems for meā€¦

ahā€¦ you meant the NDU setting :rofl:

But this will never ever have an impact on stuff like

PS:: therefore we call such registry hacks often ā€œplaceboā€ :wink:

3 Likes

What iā€™ve done is excluded the game/steam/community folders from Windows Security scanning just for the sake of it. Never tried turning real-time protection off, i shall try and see.

Also as ironic as that sounds, Discord is the biggest resources nemesis while running MSFSā€¦just saying lol.

yepā€¦ there was also a version where the overlay caused ctd ( e.g. )

Not surprised, itā€™s a hog.

Is there a way to stop the exessive steam logbook logging while simming?

Or even better, is there a way to shut steam down completely while simming?