Need Single Window on Monitor When Using Reverb HMD and WMR

I’m using VR in MSFS with the Reverb HMD and a 2D monitor. I’m doing this with WMR.
The arrangement works very well with one exception. On the monitor I see the same 2 images that appear in the HMD. I would rather have just a one image in a single window on the monitor. I don’t know if this is possible. Please can you help?

i do believe this is a limitation in the way fullscreen VR is represented on a 2D screen. Meaning Asobo has to go in and change it which if they haven’t done by now i don’t expect them to in the near future (maybe for MSFS2024). If there is a way to change it to show just the left or right eye, i haven’t found it.

Pressing the play button at the bottom of the screen in WMR will engage a “preview” of sorts and your POV will be seen in the WMR window as a single view. useful for streaming

That’s a shame. I thought I was just missing something. You refer to fullscreen VR - is there something other than fullscreen that might reveal a single view in 2D? “Pressing the play button at the bottom of the screen in WMR” looks promising, I’ll give it a go tomorrow.
Thanks,Brian

Hi,

Yes this is a disappointing drawback of the lack of specific VR attention by the developers, it is literally a five minute job for a coder in most cases.

Simple things like single mirror image should be one of the most basic aspect tasks to complete, most other VR games and simulations have this without fail.

I do hope VR gets more attention with relation to basic features in MSFS2024, as it’s very much warranted in my opinion.

Thanks

This is basic, and in if it is only 5 min for a coder and still not… at least as option, for the surrounding people to watch what the VR pilot etc. is doing and observing etc. etc…

I,ll test that function in WMR, thanks.

There is a old vote Whishlist: