New axis binding for helicopters since 40th Anniversary build

Don’t miss new axis binding available in the CONTROLS OPTION / FILTER [NEW] section

Main PRIMARY CONTROL SURFACES and POWER MANAGEMENT & THROTTLE axis :

Maintain or modify Helicopter Nose Heading. Known as Anti-Torque

• TAIL ROTOR AXIS

Move Forward or Backward, either level off or in climb/descent. Also used to brake speed by mainly pitching nose up while flying forward

• SET CYCLIC LONGITUDINAL AXIS

Move the Helicopter to the Left or to the Right. Also used in flight to allow turns

• SET CYCLIC LATERAL AXIS

Power management
Not used at this time in the 407, however should allow to reach the optimal rotor rotation or adjust it as required on specific situation. Known as RPM/Throttle related

• SET HELICOPTER THROTTLE AXIS

Used to lift up or down

• COLLECTIVE AXIS

Other are also available in the CONTROL TRIMMING SURFACES section :

• SET ROTOR LONGITUDINAL TRIM

• SET ROTOR LATERAL TRIM

Plus other few more in this TRIM section

This will change the way you’ll maintain stable flight … :wink:

Quick sample with HOTAS devices :

4 Likes

Main instructions here :

Additionally, for those finding the helicopters are too easy to fly, we can also set to OFF the following parameters, or rather to ON if we want more stability, in ASSISTANCE OPTIONS / PILOTING :

• HELICOPTERS: ASSISTED TAIL ROTOR
  • HELICOPTERS: ASSISTED CYCLIC

For a novice on helis could with a guide to how to setup the velocity one or hostas for helis but thanks for the info much appreciated.

1 Like

I’m using the Airbus TCA. Any suggestions for Sensitivity settings. All assists are off. I reset all the bindings, but can’t find settings that give me any reasonable balance on my Cyclic or Tail. For instance, I have to push my right pedal almost full to have any effect. Had no problem with the 135 or 145. Tried the Legacy\Modern switch.

Thank you for posting the New Axis binding for Helicopters.

I Just noticed this statement.

Additionally, for those finding the helicopters are too easy to fly, we can also set to OFF the following parameters in ASSISTANCE OPTIONS / PILOTING :

HELICOPTERS: ASSISTED TAIL ROTOR
HELICOPTERS: ASSISTED CYCLIC

WOW! I am really impressed.

This is a good beginning.

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Well Duh! Simple fix I’d forgotten. I adjusted the tension on my Logitechs. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’ve updated the first post with an HOTAS sample, please scroll up to read again.
The VoloCity would not use an Helicopter Joystick Profile, but rather a similar to airplane one.

I’ll definitely use this. Nice guide for sure!

1 Like

So Ive pretty much tried most of the tips above, and Im still finding that I need to have atleast one assist on to have stability. Yaw seems easier to control and therefore have assisted tail rotor off. But there is something weird with cyclic. Its very unstable hovering. As fine as I can make my cyclic input, it either wants to fall or climb. The one thing Im not sure about is the helicopter throttle assignment. For now, Im using the mouse to set it to Fly and after that do not touch it. Not sure if this is correct.

I have practiced with Flyinside Bell47 this past few months with assistances turned down. Unless it has to do with incorrect throttle handling, I feel that if Flyinside Bell 47 is controllable while Asobo Bell 407 is not, then it points to something being not quite right with this helicopter.

All is pointed out are well-known issues, so we have to wait for fixes from “Microsoft and Nemeth Designs”

On topic of Helicopter - with one model there is a Idle Release - I can not find a Key binding field?

How does one find out (if looking up the name does not work) which Field I can use for this function?

If its cowansim it’s usually in the manual in the first few pages.

If it’s flyinside 206 its also in the manual but down a bit. They say:

You’ll need to click on the Idle Release button to then fully close the throttle and shut down the engine. You may also bind “DECREASE COWL FLAP 3” in MSFS to trigger the Idle Release button.

So you’d need to be more specific about which heli.

1 Like