New button in World Map after last update

Can’t figure out what are these for?

1 Like

Think they are for Xbox.Have no use here…Just click on the more button to the left and they will disappear and load/save will show.

1 Like

World map zoom increase(+), World map zoom decrease(-) ?

1 Like

This is a classic (little) bug… what happened… you’ve got these names in the program, like “INPUT_KEY_MENU_WM” (blabla) in the source code. Of course INPUT_KEY_MENU_WM_HELP is the tab key, so it sais “TAB”… but for the zoom , they left the program name in… you see these long names instead of + and -.
I think wombatlemineur is right… it’s just + and - or whatever works for you as INPUT_KEY_MENU_WM (zoomin zoomout etc) it sais “zoom” so…

1 Like

Xbox stuff. If you click on them, they go back to what they would normally be on PC.

I’m on PC and I see them too… until I click “more” (or keyboard SPACE)

It is this type of lack of attention to detail that fosters the feeling of incompetence with this developer. They are their own worst enemies.

How did this slip by QA? They did the same thing a few updates ago with the Fauna slider, if I recall correctly.

Maybe if it was buried 2 or 3 layers deep, but it is on the MAIN page.

9 Likes

I have it too.

So no relation between this and the crashes on World Map then.

No. They just did not assign a label or alias to the control in the code. It defaults to what that control is named within the code.

1 Like

Every one of the coders, including lead developers, must of seen it every time they loaded into the sim. I know I saw it and still see it, it’s just poor quality control and not really acceptable by any standard

Kev

8 Likes

Lol quality control that’s a good one

2 Likes

yeah…sim is completely unusable because of this text imperfection. Uninstalling now…

1 Like

I suspect that the Devs themselves are using DevMode load in to check very specific things.

But unless they allowed or instructed the beta test group to also do this then it surely would have got noticed.

And even if DevMode what being used exclusively for general testing you would think that there is somebody who’s job it is to specifically check the UI…

1 Like

To fix this problem, I had to go into my controls and set keyboard back to default then reprogram all my keys.

1 Like

If you have an xbox controller connected, you see the xbox controls for zooming the map. There is no way to map keyboard controls for that, hence why it’s showing this name. Cosmetic only. Scroll the mouse wheel.

incorrect, see my post above.

Yes you’re right. Didn’t try reset

1 Like

They even managed to break the developer mode. And nobody noticed. :laughing:

1 Like

It speaks to the larger picture, maybe you just don’t understand.

2 Likes