New camera setting- Home Cockpit Mode

As of April 2023, still no news about the much expected HOME COCKPIT feature. :rage:
The configuration menu still shows the selector “HOME COCKPIT ON /OFF” mode, but there’s no action when changing it.
And, thinking that I moved from XPLANE to MSFS attracted by its features, just to find myself stuck in my home cockpit project with this annoying compulsory virtual cockpit spoiling all the realism of my hardware cockpit, makes me regret that choice :tired_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for the workaround, but does it work also for a 3-monitors setup or else the correct perspective is disrupted?

[edit] I’ve tried, seems to work ok also on a triple monitor :slightly_smiling_face:

After having used Maam"dc3/c47 for many years I downloaded The famous C47 version of Jan Visser and more and started the building of the cockpit a long time ago. Not ready yet, but after I heard MSFS introduced a flying C47 I decided in december 2022 to buy MSFS. Thanks to Duckworks the plane was able te fly and I hope they will go on withe their magnificent repairs of the Microsoftversion.
The first flight with homecockpitmode was very disappointing. My most disappoiting experience is the fact that nobody of Microsoft is able to tell if it will ever work. I now upgraded back to FSXSE and my old C47 (in my opinion still the best there is) and most real in performance. It feels most like the real simulator of the PH-PBA. Now I am looking for other possibilities. Now I see in my cockpit on the beamerscreen an other cockpit with instruments etc. etc. on different places and that makes me a little bit mad. And for solutions is looking around the internet timeconsuming but the only possible excercise due the poor documentation of Microsoft. But I still hope volonteers can help Microsoft. Marketing is expensive and volonteers are for free.

Using the method described by the @QatarSaoud video New camera setting- Home Cockpit Mode - #34 by QatarSaoudAir
once you are “outside” the cockpit, you can actually move yourself around to any position outside the aircraft and set up different views that you might like. Saving any of those positions will, of course, use up some of the 10 assignabile postions for cockpit view. But for my physical cockpit, I do not need 10 cockpit views so I use several of the assignable “cockpit view” positions to save outside views of the aircraft.
I can access these while flying without selecting “external view” - because the SIM has been tricked into considering these as “cockpit views”.
However, the main point is that you can save ONE cockpit view that has the pilot’s eyes just in front of the aircraft windscreen. It is OK for a novel view for sight seeing, but not so good for a realistic experience IMHO.