New constant sim crash. Not seen here before 1.30.12

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and add-ons?
Yes

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
Was just selecting flight departure and destination in World Map when this happened. Never seen this before 1.30.12.

Win11 22h2 build 22621.1105
64GB ram
FS2020 runs on 2x NVME drives with plently of free space.
nVidia GTX1080Ti factory overclock only. Drive 526.98 and 528.02

The sim had previously run reliably without problems on 526.98 since November. Now it wonā€™t even start.

No other problems on machine running any other software.

From the Windows App Logs:

Crash 1

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.30.12.0, time stamp: 0x63c56d8f
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.30.12.0, time stamp: 0x63c56d8f
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x00000000019bc812
Faulting process ID: 0x0x3750
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D92B9E3A49732B
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.30.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.30.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: 3bf67584-82b0-42ec-aaed-48e466fe0797
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.30.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Crash 2

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.30.12.0, time stamp: 0x63c56d8f
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.30.12.0, time stamp: 0x63c56d8f
Faulting process ID: 0x0x4D70
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D92B9FC65CCD20
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.30.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.30.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: d09f65f0-6a70-4147-b422-3e011d7c4a90
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.30.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Crash 3

Faulting process ID: 0x0x1BB0
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D92B9FFB52B3A9
Report ID: 91ddea9f-869a-4c30-889a-31b57ca73950

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Start sim. Got o World Map. Select Departure and Destination airports using dropdowns at top of screen. Tried to zoom in on Departure airport and immediately the crash happened.

Fault bucket 1467546491160643700

I notice that the Fault Bucket report lists LittleNavMap as Problem SIgnature P1, but it was FS2020 which crashed. LNM continued to run, apparently without problems.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Another attempt to launch sim gave this error during loading.

My GFX card is not overclocked and only reached 49degC during the sim load at 3% utilisation.

Regarding drivers, sim was running entirely reliably on nVidia 526.98, but now fails every time on that driver and on driver 528.02.

Third attempt to load sim completed successfully. But as soon as I clicked on the first thing, the sim locked up and froze eternally on the screen.

I simply cannot load the sim any more.

PC was clean booted. No other desktop apps running at crash time.

Nothing has changed on the PC to cause this error apart from todayā€™s update to 1.30.12 and my tests with 526.98 and 528.02 drivers. Drivers are installed as clean installation without Geforce Experience.

Hope this gets fixed soon as I can no longer sim at all.

4 Likes

contact support

Sorry to not be able to help.

Win 11 22H2
64 GB Ram
FS2020 on NVMe drive
Intel A770 LE 16 GB VRAM

No problems with 1.30.12.0

This IS support for the beta!!

5 Likes

Cannot reproduce
i9 13900K, RTX 3080 driver ver. 527.56, 32GB ram, MSFS on nVME Samsung 980 pro 1TB

It is crashing on every sim load now, mostly it now crashes as the sim loads. I donā€™t even get as far as being able to click on anything.

4 Likes

Sorry friend, I canā€™t help. Here Win11 / RTX 3080 with latest driver, tons of addons on Community folder (320GB) and no issues or crashes at all. Yesterday night I had 3 different flights, on total around 4 hours on sim, and no issues.

ā€˜Breakpointā€™ would imply that what youā€™re running is a debug build (a build of the code with additional ā€˜instrumentationā€™ code inserted for debug purposes) because normally a breakpoint is a place in the code where, when/if it is reached, your debugging tools would kick in to allow you to analyse the state of the running code.

It would surprise me if Asobo were deliberately releasing debug builds to beta testers, but maybe the telemetry / reporting stuff they put in there is only in debug builds. It would be more common to add that stuff to a beta branch and create release (ie ā€˜cleanā€™) builds from that branch.

Since this isnā€™t happening to everyone it would suggest that thereā€™s something specific about your setup / configuration / settings etc that is triggering the issue. The most radical option would be to completely flatten your machine and rebuild from the OS up and see if it happens again, but obviously thatā€™s a lot of work. Or opt out of the beta, delete MSFS and re-install, and see if you have problems with the SU11 build as well, and if not, re-enroll in the beta.

That same debugging breakpoint exception code (ending in ā€œā€¦0003ā€) is the one that affected a bunch of us on the previous build (.11), where the sim would CTD silently after the initial splash screen, then typically start up okay the next time. Thereā€™s a thread on this further down the page.

I have not (yet?) seen this error with .12, but I have not flown much in the sim this week.

EDIT: Hereā€™s a thread with similar crashes in .11:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ctd-through-time-when-msfs-startup-after-update-to-version-1-30-11-0/569532/41

With this .12 version, I had an interesting situation with Daher/TBM. If I put a third-party texture on this aircraft, after a few minutes (between 30min. and 1h) of flight the simulator goes to the CTD unintentionally and I canā€™t resume the flight from the point where I stopped (freezes) right after loading the flight after press READY TO FLY. I ran the test more than 7 times and the problem repeated. I had the idea of deleting the texture and checking if the problem persisted, which it didnā€™t. So in my case, this version is having some anomaly regarding inserting third party texture/pack on this aircraft. With the default texture I have no error.

That probably means the 3rd party mod will need an update ā€¦ it happens.
There are thousands of mods out there, if MS/Asobo had to worry about breaking them all the sim would never progress. Obviously they try not to break the major ones but Iā€™m sure they canā€™t guarantee it.

I just searched this error code, and fixes for other games like Hitman 3 it involved deleting shader cache.

Deleting the Shader Cache

1. Go to your NVIDIA control panel> Manage 3D Settings, turn off Shader Cache and hit Apply.
  2. Reboot your PC.
  3. Go to %username%\AppData\Local\Temp\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache and delete the contents of the folder (You can paste that address directly into a Windows address bar).
  4. Go back to your NVIDIA control panel> Manage 3D Settings, turn On Shader Cache and hit Apply.

Did you perhaps change video drivers very recently?

1 Like

I agree with you on this point you made. But with a simple texture? I imagine that there shouldnā€™t be this type of situation unless a part or piece of the aircraft has not been previously seen in the update, which was not referenced in any release notes. Anyway, letā€™s check other situations and reports because I definitely have little CTDs on my 5600x / RX5700XT and 32GB

As noted above by myself and others, that is a breakpoint debugger exception - it has nothing specifically to do with shader caches. It is something typically set by developers to catch whatever particular error condition they are looking for. However, for MSFS, we have no idea what it is Asobo has set this breakpoint for.

True, it could be something specific to the beta test, that is not enabled in production code. Others have pointed out that they cannot reproduce it, so its not a universal issue, and something system specific is triggering it. Thereā€™s no harm in trying clearing the cache either.

1 Like

You quite sure about these instructions?

No ā€œnVidia Corporationā€ folder here at the location you suggest.

There may be several to check:

https://computersluggish.com/guides/clear-nvidia-cache-files/

1 Like

Thanks. Iā€™ll certainly be checking that out.