New constant sim crash. Not seen here before 1.30.12

Just an update on my progress with this wretched problem.

FINALLY I seem to have a RELIABLE SIM with REALLY GOOD PERFORMANCE!!

To recap, I had hardly been able to fly since 1.30.12.0 beta in December, getting almost constant load CTDs or lockups before I even got into the sim.Reinstalling the GFX drivers (nVidia GTX) would often get me one session without a crash, only to return to the same crash on the very next session load. You can see hos many things I had tried by looking at my previous posts in this thread. I’d tried everything.

And then there was SU12.

So I updated, and tried to load the sim and got the exact same crash. Oh dear.

But I remembered Jorg saying several times in the SU12 Dev Q&A this week - “Do update your nVidia drivers - there has been a problem with them for a while now which is now fixed”.

So I looked and there was a second new Game driver release this moth recently, so I clean installed nVidia GTX Game Driver 531.41.

There are also comments about MalwareBytes and MSAV damaging files. Now I had always been pedantic about removing every folder connected with MSFS from both of those protection softwares, but there was one more folder I recently discovered which may need to be removed from MalwareBytes, namely…

C:\Users[user name]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.GamingServices_8wekyb3d8bbwe
…so I added that to the list opf exclusions.

Since then, I have had perfect simming. Best it’s ever been. Sim starts reliably every time since these two changes + SU12 update. GFX are smooth. CPU scheduling is consistent over long flights. No more FPS dropping as the CPU spikes after a few hours.

As a test, I have just completed 21 hours in the sim without leaving a FLY session. I have done four Longitude flights from Thailand to Central Australia, then to Melbourne, then across the Atlantic to Bora Bora, then on to the Central USA.

Everything has worked perfectly so far, including Live Weather.

And all this with 397 addons active in my Community Folder and all my Marketplace purchases active too.

The only thing I am not running is AI traffic or real world traffic as my system is not up to doing those at a smooth FPS.

So after months of frustration, I now seem to have a really good sim. I can only hope this lasts.

Maybe this information will help someone else to get going again.

Fingers crossed, touch wood etc etc.

1 Like