New constant sim crash. Not seen here before 1.30.12

So I installed the new update, everything now work, but all my profile, hardware presets and flight hours are missing, like if I installed the sim anew…

thats the side-effect of cleanup cloud files, but for some users the only solution ( one of the file was corrupt ).

My recommendation for steam users: backup from time to time at least the “input_***” files ( see mentioned link ) , so that you can easy restore your controller settings. Flight-hours, etc is’nt much important for me.

Just an update on my progress with this wretched problem.

FINALLY I seem to have a RELIABLE SIM with REALLY GOOD PERFORMANCE!!

To recap, I had hardly been able to fly since 1.30.12.0 beta in December, getting almost constant load CTDs or lockups before I even got into the sim.Reinstalling the GFX drivers (nVidia GTX) would often get me one session without a crash, only to return to the same crash on the very next session load. You can see hos many things I had tried by looking at my previous posts in this thread. I’d tried everything.

And then there was SU12.

So I updated, and tried to load the sim and got the exact same crash. Oh dear.

But I remembered Jorg saying several times in the SU12 Dev Q&A this week - “Do update your nVidia drivers - there has been a problem with them for a while now which is now fixed”.

So I looked and there was a second new Game driver release this moth recently, so I clean installed nVidia GTX Game Driver 531.41.

There are also comments about MalwareBytes and MSAV damaging files. Now I had always been pedantic about removing every folder connected with MSFS from both of those protection softwares, but there was one more folder I recently discovered which may need to be removed from MalwareBytes, namely…

C:\Users[user name]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.GamingServices_8wekyb3d8bbwe
…so I added that to the list opf exclusions.

Since then, I have had perfect simming. Best it’s ever been. Sim starts reliably every time since these two changes + SU12 update. GFX are smooth. CPU scheduling is consistent over long flights. No more FPS dropping as the CPU spikes after a few hours.

As a test, I have just completed 21 hours in the sim without leaving a FLY session. I have done four Longitude flights from Thailand to Central Australia, then to Melbourne, then across the Atlantic to Bora Bora, then on to the Central USA.

Everything has worked perfectly so far, including Live Weather.

And all this with 397 addons active in my Community Folder and all my Marketplace purchases active too.

The only thing I am not running is AI traffic or real world traffic as my system is not up to doing those at a smooth FPS.

So after months of frustration, I now seem to have a really good sim. I can only hope this lasts.

Maybe this information will help someone else to get going again.

Fingers crossed, touch wood etc etc.

1 Like

it more like that the latest 531.41 cause huge problems. Latest stable for me was 531.29…

But in generally yes… install latest updates is usually that what have to tried first :slight_smile:

RIP MSFS, after the latest update by Asobo, didn’t fix anything for me, I decided to pull the plug on MSFS. After the middle of Feb update my planes are grounded with apparently terminal CTD.
My latest attempt to rectify my problem was to uninstall MSFS and re-install the DVD version, only to be confronted with a problem I had earlier: MS-Store doesn’t give the option to download the rest of FS.
To overcome this I had to re-install W10, and I’m pretty sure this would solve the problem this time as well. Unfortunately I don’t have the time for that, and it doesn’t seem to be a long term solution, if any update by Asobo can result in an inop FS.
I installed FSX instead, maxxed up all settings, and will use that for the foreseeable future. I will check the forum on a regular basis, maybe something interesting comes up.
To all simmer with a working version, enjoy!

Do you use the DLSS frame generation setting?

Screenshot 2023-03-27 064733

I have had about 3 CDTs with this error message since getting my new PC about 2 weeks ago. Never had this problem with my other PC. what am I doing wrong?

which nvidia driver version you have installed ?

Compare with these topic:

I was advised to switch from DX12(beta) to DX11 in the sim and, without needing to roll back my NVIDIA drivers, this worked for me.

Here is how I fixed my problem, reinstalled the Sim without success, several times… Nothing… Cleared my cloud cache without success… New reinstall of the Sim without success.
Performed a restore of the Sim to vanilla and for some reason it started working fine.
I did try this before Update 12 without success. But it now is working fine God knows until when…

Hope you guys get it back soon…

Well this is UTTERLY RIDICULOUS AND UNACCEPTABLE.

You may have read my recent post above saying I had reliable and smooth sim performance with no CTDs/lockups since SU12 and the lastest nVidia GTX driver.

Well since then I have flown the Longitude from Vietnam to Australia, Australia to Bora Bora, Bora Bora to the USA, and three other long flights in other parts of the worls, all perfect.

No, NOTHING CHANGED on my PC.

Yet tonight I thought I would do another long flight. But no. The sim will not start again. Either a lockup with no messages, a false warning that my GFX card is broken, or CTD.

I have gone through the long list of things I always check and as recommended both here and by Asobo, including reinstalling GFX drivers, clearing caches, clearing comunity folder etc, but nothing works.

How can their software possibly work 100% reliably for a week and around 50 hours of flying, and then yet again fail 100% of the time.

This is way beyond a joke. What should be a relaxing hobby has become just stress, stress, stress.

I have reported this at length here as have many others. This thread is at 200+ messages, there is another similar thread which is over 2000 messages, I have reported it to Zendesk in DETAIL, with links to all the evidence here, and yet in last weeks Dev Q&A, it doesn’t even get a mention.

I also raised an official question about this WHICH WAS ACCEPTED FOR THE DEV Q&A SESSION, yet never got asked. Just completely ignored on the day.

There are few software faults which are as bad as a no-start. Perhaps only security issues and unwanted data deletions top that.

Asobo continue to prove that whatever they say, they are not really listening to us.

I love this sim, but the problems are getting to the point where I am losing the will to live with it.

2 Likes

May be because of a change in your system:

had you noticed the hint the seemingly faulty driver 531.41 ?
( forgive me If you wrote already somewhere that you already tried a fallback to .29 :slight_smile: )

I’ve been getting a lot of CTD since SU12, which I did as a clean re-install (a habit with all SU).

I’m using default A320 with a default livery.

Win 11 Pro with i9-10900, 32 Gb RAM, nVidia RTX 2060 (534.41)

Everything was fine before SU12

Graphic issues message as above.

I currently have DX12 (beta) selected in the graphics settings. I’ll try reverting it back to DX11.

1 Like

Reading these boards it seems you are not alone having problems with the latest Nvidia driver so it might be wise to miss this one out and wait for the next.

I think you may well be right to be honest. I said I had been experiencing these CTD since SU12, but thinking about it, it does seem to be occurring after the latest nVidia driver update. So I DDU’d it and went back to the previous driver. So far so good.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be the first time NV released a duff (for some) driver which is why I usually wait a week or two before updating just to see how the wind blows.

1 Like

That’s good advice. I’ll do the same from now on. :+1:

1 Like

yes, this is what we mentioned in the already linked topic :slight_smile:

Fallback to 531.29 ( or as alternative dont use DX12 as some users mentioned ) will avoid the nvidia-driver-crash and in that way the popup.

Yes. I rolled back to the previous nVidia driver AND went back from DX12 to 11. I was then able to complete a flight.

1 Like

I am here again with the news of my case.

After a true pilgrimage through every forum there was, both on MSFS, as well as Nidia and Windows, I solved the problem with a complete format, but not before verifying the operation of my video card.

I currently have MSFS, running on Win10 22H2, with V.472.88 drivers (I have an RTX3060), when the newest ones are V.531.61. The driver that I have installed is the one that Win10 selected and installed automatically, without any gamer addition.

After all the odyssey, MSFS works fine (running on DX11) and I hope it doesn’t break again in a very long time, because the truth is, I invested a lot of time searching for solutions, and since the PCs and system states are infinite, the solutions are also, without being able to find what would have solved my problem, although I BELIEVE that the source of the problems are the Nvidia drivers, since before formatting, I had managed to get the plane to appear at the selected airport, after installing drivers from November of last year.