New constant sim crash. Not seen here before 1.30.12

Since 2 or 3 days i get “freeze while loading a flight” and “classic CTD” with stopping sound … had this issue a while a ago (last year) … i have not installed any driver updates or something like this … the only what was updated was visual studio 2022… i think it has something to do with one of the .NET Frametime/Applications etc …

Fehlerbucket 2163096458043588010, Typ 5
Problemsignatur:
P1: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.31.22.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
P2: praid:App
P3: 1.31.22.0
P4: 00000000
P5: FlightSimulator.exe
P6: 1.31.22.0
P7: 00000000
P8: c0000005
P9: 000000000258a8a9
P10:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 1.31.22.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 1.31.22.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000258a8a9
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x0x9818
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x0x1D9709A3A6B4526

1 Like

The FlightSimulator.exe fault that you are receiving is generally not one that would be caused by an issue with the C+/++ libraries. Usually these are caused by outdated add on mods or third party software running alongside MSFS. Start by removing/uninstalling these and it may resolve the crashes. This could also be caused by corruption within the MSFS application itself and a repair/reinstall may be needed.

Feel free to submit a support request if you need further assistance:
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

2 Likes

There definitely were issues with the NVidia drivers released in February and March of this year (531.41 in particular). 528.49 drivers were very steady, and so far the latest 531.61/68 seem to be pretty stable.

2 Likes

I had a lot of CTD today.
I’ve always got the message “Your graphics device has encoutered a problem and the application will exit”.
What I did last before getting this Errors is that I updated the nvidia-driver to 531.68.
I’ve testet following drivers with the same settings and the same route (flight) and all ended with a CTD < 10min. :

Then I’ve installed 528.49 and tested the same route twice with no problems at all.
To me it seems that the newer drivers all cause problems (those that I’ve tested).

Maybe my research is helpful, if you have still problems with CTD.
(BTW my settings included DX12 (Beta) and DLSS (Quality))

again worth to repeat the official FAQ, which mention exactly what we in topic / forum find out:

so you have to change drivers each time you want to do Dead Island 2 have to change you want to do MSFS you have to change the alternatives of Asobo and Nvidia the bug has existed for 6 months or more and no it does not come out of a patch

dont know what you mean… the release date of driver 531.41 was “21.March 2023” , thats not 6 months.

If you get the error-popup
“Your graphics device has encoutered a problem and the application will exit”
already before the nvidia driver .41, the situation is different and we have a topic for that wich I already liked and which contains hints ( eg. reduce system load, GPU OC, etc. )

In case you speak about the OPs “breakpoint” popup, then its a different issue ( the topic is unfortunality mixed with both error messages )

good 531.29 or 531.41 I’m lost tell you the 29th and after the 41st sorry english not bad language

you just need to revert to the driver version 531.29 ( problem started for some users with 531.41 ). Or as an alternative lots of users reported, that the setting DX11 instead of DX12(beta) will also works fine.
So far we know the develoeprs investigate together with nvidia the exact reason. The latest nvidia driver releases did nothing else than fixing crashs for some games, so I would not wonder that realy the nvidia driver would be “the bad boy” ( what match with the fact, that we can avoid the issue with the older drivers ).

2 Likes

I am going to add something that after formatting and reinstalling windows and MSFS, and after a short time without problems, the same problems of total hang with black screen returned, I realized a small detail, that may possibly help some here:
My PC has an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 processor, it was working with the drivers that Windows installed automatically after the OS installation. Having the crashes again, I decided to download the newest drivers from the AMD website, and apparently the problem has been resolved.
I thought it was GPU issues but it was the processor drivers.
I hope this helps someone.

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Happened twice on final

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video: