New Dallas Scenery for MSFS 2020

Wondered if anyone had this software and was it any good. Dallas is my home and was hoping it would enhance my MSFS experience as I fly out of the quite a bit. Thanks! simMarket: DALLAS MSFS

The next Asobo content update is the USA. They are alluding to better than 3 meter resolution data. If it were me, I’d hold off on buying that, and see what the USA world enhancement brings to the Dallas area. Also, nose around and see if someone has added “another photogrammetry vendor’s” data to the Dallas area, as a free update. Many larger cities, and tons of small cities have been enhanced by regular Joes, and they are available on sites like flightsim.to as a scenery update to put in your community folder.

6 Likes

Yeah, for sure I’m waiting for the World update before I do anything.

KDFW is getting handcrafted so I assume that Dallas will look pretty good

I used to live in Dallas and am very familiar with the beautiful skyline. I checked this software out a few days back also excited to see it. From the pics online of all of his/her software, the buildings at night appear to be lit too brightly (the shadow cast lights) IMHO, and as far as Dallas, there is a tall fictional building in there that I have no clue about. That building doesn’t exist in Dallas so unless it gets removed or can be removed manually, I’m not touching it.

One can only hope, but I doubt they’ll touch the skyline.

Looking at this, it’s not good. If you think that’s good enough for you, go for it.

Taburet scenery has been around for an age - linked with low quality, poor and incomplete scenery - have a look round google for Taburet scenery reviews and you will get what i mean. I wouldnt touch this with a barge pole…They have been pushing ■■■■ for years

3 Likes

North America update coming soon, but I guess I was under the impression more Canadian airports would be added than U.S. airports?

As for KDFW, you’ll probably have to wait and see what happens. Unfortunately, KDFW isn’t the nicest or most popular of airports when you rank it among the world, hence Asobo not handcrafting it to begin with.

Not sure where you get that DFW is not the nicest or most popular…It is the second largest airport in the world in land size (Second to Denver’s KDEN), has usually ranked #4 in the world in takeoffs and landings, although after Covid hit, it became #1 in the world…and even though it is not Dubai or Changi in attractiveness, is not an ugly airport…especially terminal D. Just saying.

3 Likes

GoogleEarth Dallas photogrammetry is way better than this cartoon looking downtown render.

I hope World Update II will cover as much area as GoogleEarth does when it comes to Dallas, unlike
Tokyo in World Update I, which extends along the downtown alone.

You, guys know that GoogleEarth photogrammetry is a master piece in terms of coverage and quite so I just wish we could find a way to connect our sim to Google servers instead of BingMap, which is quite limited.

USA update. There’s been no mention of Canada at all so far. It’s been directly referred to by Asobo as the USA Update.

Canada gets left out in the cold (pun intended) again.

Just because DFW is large and has a lot of aircraft movements doesn’t mean its worthy of being handcrafted and I believe Asobo has re-affirmed this. Also, north texas (most of texas) is pretty unattractive. DFW’s excellent geographic location is the only thing going for it. I would rather see Phoenix, Midway and Kansas City before DFW. Just saying…

Like Kansas City is greatly attractive - LOLOLOL. Phoenix…maybe…if you like sand, cactus, and rocks. Granted…Dallas is flat and lacks culture and beauty, but it KDFW is one of the most important airports in the world. Again…just sayin.

MCI (Kansas City) may not have as many movements as DFW, but is just as geographically important as DFW. AA having a primary hub there at DFW is what sets DFW apart from MCI. Granted, both are flat and featureless.

Well, after decades of bickering, Kansas City finally is moving forward, and building new terminals. The current legacy terminals at KMCI are by far, the worst airport terminals I’ve ever been in, and I’ve been in KORD, and all the NY/NJ trash heaps too! I fly a lot through KMCI, and cannot wait for that terminal project to finish.

Any airport that is home base to a major airline should be considered important by Asobo for handcrafted detail. This very much includes KDFW as home to AAL, especially since Ft Worth IS modelled in photogrammetry (Dallas would be nice too).

I would like to see Dallas, which is the 9th largest city and part of the 4th largest metro area in the United States, with the same detail as every other major city and metro area in the U.S. in the simulator.

3 Likes