World Update 7

:upside_down_face: U can vote here: World update Spain and Portugal - Self-Service / Wishlist - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

4 Likes

Would love to see a world update around the Caribbean as well.

4 Likes

simMarket: TABURET - DALLAS MSFS There is your Dallas, USA was done. Time to move on. Here it is for free Dallas City » Microsoft Flight Simulator

If you think that’s anywhere close to what normal photogrammetry cities have to offer, allow me to sell you a bridge.

It’s not the same and I’ve had that download for a couple months now. There’s downtown, Cotton bowl, and SMU stadium and that’s about it.

You are communicating with someone who has a youtube channel that is currently on state#17 where I literally fly over EVERY photogrammetry city(in every state) so I would know what photogrammetry in a city can offer, and your suggest to download that and be satisfied and move on is nothing short of laughable.

49 of the top 50 most populated cities have photogrammetry, but not 50.
9 of the top 10 most populated cities have photogrammetry, but not 10.

USA’s 9th most populated city, does not have photogrammetry and until it’s fixed, people WILL be bringing this up. Bet on that.

No, just a person… You. USA was done

1 Like

Person, as in one, solo.

People, as in more than one, a group, many.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/when-will-dallas-texas-get-photogrammetry/445118

Are you someone who doesn’t live close to Dallas, doesn’t care about Dallas, but is trying to tell someone from Dallas, that their #9th most populated city not having photogrammetry when 41 less populated cities shouldn’t speak about this?

Have you told all the other several people also bringing this up that they should just move on, or do I get exclusive “just move ons” from you?

1 Like

Italy was choosen for the next WU 7.

4 Likes

Did they announce it?

There will be one or two further US updates, one next year probably, so no need to worry about that :slight_smile:

1 Like

I for one would love to see an update to the Caribbean.

3 Likes

Mediterranean sea needs an special update with all their countries.

9 Likes

Yes, see “Feedback Snapshot - October 14, 2021”.

Italy World in Next Update → Started → Release 2022.

1 Like

See my post above yours. Your reply was not needed, but I found it to be a hilarious apples to oranges comparison.

You’re trying to create an argument I did not make, and are arguing it. I’m pretty sure there’s a term for that.

Am I complaining that my small city doesn’t have photogrammetry? No.
Am I complaining the big city of Dallas that is the closest big city to me does not have photogrammetry? Yes.

Is it a legit complaint? Most definitely
Am I the only one to point this out? No
Am I the only one you seem to be constantly replying to telling me I should just accept it?

Seems to be yes, but I cannot figure out why. Move along, this is not a healthy conversation. If you don’t have anything productive to add, move along.

Ps, I noticed the two closest big cities to your hometown are Hamilton and Toronto. Both of those big cities have photogrammetry. That must be nice.

For real? I do believe you have been robbed. The USA should have many, many,
world updates. You are right and I am wrong. The point, once again. Time to move on, there is a whole world beyond… Dallas. Or would you sign up for world updates until say… The UK is complete? Or how about France? What if you were promised Dallas once Europe was complete? My point about my hometown is… I don’t care it won’t be done. And I certainly wouldn’t derail this thread, as you started, and I jumped in on, about a NEW world update to revisit an previous one.

EDIT: You missed that I also have London, Ontario, Canada PG thanks to simMarket: LONDON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT CYXU MSFS
Spend some bux, and a little less clucks

Well this is a big assumption but possible.
You said, When they made their roadmap for 2021 at the end of 2020 Bing only had new data for the Northern Hemisphere since that’s where their planes had been flying. Hence all updates in 2021 will be in the Northern Hemisphere. Now that they have said it’s not going to be in Europe Canada is the most likely region.
You are right regarding 2021 (what a bummer year for other things), so you are assuming that update VIII will be Canada. Never safe to assume but, I won’t complain if it is.
You also said: “It simply has the biggest user base of the countries outside Europe that have not been updated.” I assume you are talking about flightsimmers here, it might be but, does that mean that Canada should be next?
So you are saying that Terra Australis and Aotearoa don’t deserve consideration simply because there may be more sim users in Canada.
So, you comment “forget about OZ and NZ” maybe a bit out of place. By the way, no offence is taken by the comment but, I feel the comment misplaced.
Countries covered so far have all been in the northern hemisphere therefore, I (me personally) think that the northern hemisphere has had it’s fair share for a bit and some of the love should be sent south.
In short what I am saying is that I would like to see something in my part of the world as we all would.
Just my two cents worth, nothing personal meant towards you.
Happy flying.

2 Likes

Maybe they should tell us what they are.

I’ve asked myself, “why is this person so obsessed with my complaint”?

My conclusion, is that my bring ups of how USA has 49 of the top 50 most populated cities in photogrammetry(and more), 9 of the top 10, but Dallas was left out, makes you LEGIT WORRIED that my complaint might be so valid that it actually gets addressed.

Why would this bother you though, I ask myself? Maybe you think something else you’d want could be updated instead of something others want that you don’t. (such as DALLAS getting Photogrammetry)

Whatever it is, there is no need to continue complaining about what someone else is requesting, and there certainly is no need to send me personal messages just to talk trash.

I’m sure if I got a mod involved and let them know, you’d probably be warned by them, so at this point, if you want to continue bringing focus on Dallas, I guess I am okay with that. Just keep it on the forum and try your best to refrain from getting so emotional with a random guy on a forum who wants something you don’t. There’s no need to send me personal messages just to make personal attacks.

We all go through things and sometimes it’s good to vent, but I’m a random guy who is really into MSFS 2020 and it’s quite clear you don’t agree with my request, but I’m sure there’s probably a better outlet for your frustrations than to create this drama with me seemingly out of nowhere, to the point you get yourself so riled up you send me messages.

I think a long flight might be really good for you. And for what it’s worth, my wanting Dallas improved doesn’t in anyway translate to not wanting Canada addressed. Canada has some really cool people and I’ve already made a few fly over videos of parts of Canada and will be thrilled if Canada gets more attention. What’d be really cool, is if the next update they did 74 Canadian cities in addition to what they have now…as well as Dallas.

I disagree with the philosophy of making improvements only where people are flying in the game.

People don’t fly in China or India because it looks like garbage. If time and effort were put into places not Germany and the UK we would probably see a diversity in flight patterns.

6 Likes

Please keep all posts focused on MSFS and the forum Code of Conduct; not on each other.

I’m flying through India and Nepal right now and it’s absolutely gorgeous.

Still, I would love to see Zhangjiajie National Forest Park photogrammetry scans as part of a world update.

1 Like