New Device Detected

I bought the game the day it launched, and set up my custom control bindings for my controller.
A couple of patches later Asobo fixed some bugs with the controllers some people were experiencing.
Ever since I always get this message when I plug in my controller:

controllermessage

It is kinda annoying to have this pop up every time. Does anyone else experience this?
I have a Saitek Cyborg Evo.

If I click ‘keep default’, it keeps my previous set custom bindings.

When are you plugging it in? I get the same thing if I plug in my X52 after the sim has loaded. If it’s plugged in before I start the app, it’s fine.

2 Likes

Same for me, I also have the Saitek Cyborg Evo force; I need to plug the controller before the game loads and it works fine.

It works fine if I plug it in before launching the sim yes, but it should remember my devices right? I don’t think it’s supposed to work this way, and if it is, it’s bad design. :smiley:

1 Like

It doesn’t !
I need to re-calibrate everything on launch; takes a few seconds and you get used to it !

What a pain!
Do you save your settings when done?

I mean, if you read the text it is clearly meant to only show up the first time you plug that device in.

maybe you need to create a Custom setup, (as trivial as you like initially) and save it, and then select it as your default.

Next time you run MSFS, it will default to that saved SELECTED Custom profile, and you won’t get that message.

If you read the message, it’s actually telling you to do exactly this !!

Looks like exactly the same thing that happened when I used my “Non profile supported” MS Sidewinder 2 FF Joystick.

Now I have a profile defined, its fine …

I did set up a custom profile on the day it released. ‘Keep default’ uses my custom profile.

I think you have to actually select your profile – you should have given it a name, and it should show that that profile’s name is selected.

This is the case:

If I click ‘keep default’ in the message it actually selects this setting.
The ‘default’ setting in the profiles is empty, not a single bind.

So what happens is you create a Bind & save it ?
Do you get an error message when it saves ?
Is the bind still there when you re-select the Controller.

I get the impression, you are saying, if you then disconnect & re-connect the Joystick, it cannot find your profile ?

I think all the info is in the topic…

I have a custom profile for my stick. Yet any time I plug it in it says this is a new device, which it is not.
Clicking ‘keep default’ actually doesn’t select the empty ‘default’ but my custom profile instead.

The bug is that it doesn’t remember that I already set up this stick. (even though it has a custom profile)

Sound like the actions of an X-Box Controller !!!

Wish you good luck in figuring it out … seems I cannot help, as I do not have that issue with my MS SW2 FF joystick.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

This is not related to XBox controllers. I have an ordinary joystick connected via USB.

I’m not the only one experiencing this either:

I hope, after 10 months, this will get fixed soon. :smirk:

Voted :+1:

1 Like

Happens with the Xbox controller as well, asking to keep default or customize, like in the screenshot above.

1 Like