NEW: FSFlyingSchool for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

I’m not sure right now as I have just been flying random airports to look at scenery as msfs is new. Over the next few days I will test some , take notes and post here. I think London City was one but I will check.

1 Like

That would be great! Thanks

Hi,

I just came across this thread. FS Academy - IFR has had tremendous reception with reviewers and YouTubers. Get in touch if you’d like a copy of anything.

1 Like

@choon172 Hey! Get your own thread! :rofl:

I didn’t think the mission system was working in FS2020. Is this a custom mission system or built in system like FSX?

Haha, is that called beetlejuicing?

1 Like

Quick (free) update!

We’ve added a filter to the FSFlyingSchool high score tables, so you can now limit it to any sim (e.g. MS Flight Simulator)…

2 Likes

@choon172 Is the mission system working in FS2020? It just crashes when I open the node view on my system

Looks interesting. Will try the demo and report back

1 Like

Hi there,
It works very well, but is very involved to create in its current form and full of SDK bugs. We’ve cracked it and both Voyager and IFR are doing great, but it’s not an easy process as it stands.

Sorry I forgot to mention the google mapping / charting feature in my original post!

Here is a user’s submission flown around Cardiff airport (EGFF)

Enjoy! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow, the manual is huge! First flight was fun. Need to do some reading to get more out of this demo.

Just purchased it. It’s well worth the money as there’s so many features in it.

I love how I can fly anywhere I want and am not restricted to fixed areas like the mission trainers. Also scoring is fun too. :blush:

Thanks! Any questions just let me know. :slight_smile:

Is there a way to fly circuits without completing the required score levels?

Is it compatible with european ways of doing things, especially complex non-standard and madatory circuits?

most airports have very specific circuits that have to be followed exactly for noise-abatement procedures, so do you get points removed for following these?

Also many larger airports with long runways have tight circuits that have you land some way further along the runway rather than the threshold (look at the ELLX circuits, non-standard and land abeam taxiways rather than beginning of runway), will it not penalise these?

Just out of curiosity - why would they require you to land further than threshold?

1. Circuit won’t allow you to land at threshold (the circuit has you turn to base more or less at the threshhold) for noise abatement and to speed up traffic handling
  2. Looong runway so you’ll spend an eternity taxiing and blocking other traffic

Here’s ELLX VAC which has both reasons (plus a complex circuit that you HAVE to follow unless instructed by ATC, or risk 50 calls to the authorities instantly (I’m not kidding)

1 Like

Nice! Thank you for this insight. What’s the app you posted the screenshot of the Jeppesen chart from?

Foreflight

But that’s not the jepp chart, it’s the official chart from the AIP

Hi HeatingBee7081:

The pilot has to first achieve scores that show basic level of airmanship and this cannot be bypassed - we did this because folks who were not at this level got into all kinds of trouble with the circuits and so this design decision was made many years ago and has proven to be a good one. Now, folks who fly circuits with FSFlyingSchool have a good idea of what they are doing, what the instructor wants and how to achieve it. I hope this helps explain our design. :slight_smile:

1 Like