New Istanbul Airport is LIVE (BETA)

LTFM Istanbul Airport, Turkeyver. 0.5.0
Here it is, finally! Our second project for MSFS 2020 and this time it is enormous!
This rendition of the scenery is a conversion of our X-Plane 11 (WIP) scenery and we decided that we shouldslow down with the X-Plane 11 version and concentrate more on the MSFS 2020 platform as -unfortunately- LTFMis not included in the simulator even as a default airport.
Mind you, this is NOT a finished project BY ANY MEANS but we decided to share it as “open beta” so that peopleenjoy their flights in and out of Istanbul in MSFS 2020. Everyone should know that we are aware of the missingfeatures and we will be working on them as the time goes by (and pressure is eased). I am sure most of the simmerswill be satisfied even with this “incomplete” version. We did our best to match all objects with their modellingand placements. Obviously there are some duplicate to fill up empty spaces.
Missing features: 1- Taxiway H and it’s connections to RWY 18/36 (there is no proper satellite imagery at the moment so the missing part will be added when images of the airport is renewed by Google or Bing(!)) 2- If you have the latest Navigraph Beta, you can use ILS and select all available runways for arrival. If not then you cannot (we are limited by the available data). 3- ATC routes are only set up for Runways 18/36 and 17L/35R and around the main terminal area so don’t expect AI ATC to direct you to or from the other 3 runways, Cargo aprons, maintenance aprons and taxiways A and B including their connections to any of the other 3 runways and aprons. 4- There are some texture problems here and there that we are aware of and will be working on them. 5- IRL, the airport is elevated towards the North (Black Sea) but we did not want to alter the terrain with our current limited knowledge but it is in our “to do” list for future updates. 6- Taxi signs for the western part of the airport are missing, (you need to obtain an ADC chart from the internet, my search found this web site with all necessary charts: LTFM - İstanbul Airport)

INSTALLATION Installation is easy but you first need to download the base imagery files from our Google drive for a better immersion. The geotif files that I had used to create this imagery set were downloaded from GO2 using Ortho4XP and converted to MSFS format using various other freeware tools. After downloading the zip file, extract the contained “argaeus-tayakadin-ltfm-istanbul” folder to your Community folder like any other add-on for MSFS 2020. The file is just under of 1 GB in size (zipped) and here is the link to it:
LTFM_Public - Google Drive
Without these files your scenery will be placed on 6 yr old forest imagery :).
Obviously you need to extract the actual scenery folder (argaeus-ltfm-istanbul) that you downloaded from this site and place it to your Community folder and start your simulator.
IMPORTANT:
This scenery is NOT to be used in ANY type of COMMERCIAL simulators and the only way for this to happen is to obtain our written consent after making a minimum donation of €2000 (Twothousand %00 or equivalent in local currency) to : LOSEV Leukemia Foundation for Children. https://www.losev.org.tr/v6/
For those who intend to use this scenery in their personal computers for their personal joy, it is free ofcharge but they can also make ANY amount of donation they wish to make to the same foundation mentioned above.Based on the information in the website, all credit cards with 3D secure payment can be used.
We do not need money for a coffe or a pint of beer but the charity needs it to treat those kids.
Special thanks to Kamil UZUN (MXI) and Muhteşem Fırtına ÖZÇINAR for letting us use their 3D Models in this joint project.

A special thanks to Risuali45 for helping us to implement our models into the MSFS

Enjoy your flights in and out of Istanbul.

28 Likes

Looks amazing !

Man that looks insane! Even an interior model?

I’m definitely downloading this

2 Likes

you and your team is the kind of people our community needs. I wish you the best for your Xplane plans and the MSFS ones too sir.

1 Like

Glad you liked it :slight_smile:

We have been working on this for almost a year so we have added every detail we could think of :slight_smile:
Enjoy your flights!

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback ! Hope you enjoy our project in your flightsim experiences

The scenery is amazing, but I dont can use SID/Star, Approaches (ILS). I can use only VFR and runways for select on the map. Pls help

I just say wow wow wow, it’s my fav place and looks amazing !

Thank you for your feedback :slight_smile: Since we have already mentioned in our notes, ILS Approaches are not possible unless you have the latest Navigraph Beta (The reason behind is LTFM is not currently in MSFS’s airac data.) Whenever MSFS adds this airport as default, all the procedures will be added automaticly by Microsoft

1 Like

Glad you liked it :slight_smile: Enjoy your flights

Looks great! Does ILS work on the active runways?

Thanks! If you don’t have Navigraph Beta then ILS is not availabile for now

I will try it.
It looks amazing.
But,
I want to thank you for the donation place chosen!
Congrats…

1 Like

Hope you will enjoy it :slight_smile:

We wanted to raise awareness and do our best for those kids. Thank you

1 Like

I just flew the ILS Z RWY 35R using Navigraph data and it worked great. Highly recommend a Navigraph subscription if you are serious about flying IFR. The beta version of the database loader for MSFS works flawlessly and if you subscribe to charts, you get a moving map display through SimConnect.

1 Like

Wow! What an amazing piece of work. Thank you so much for making this available to the community.

In our next update we will be adding ILS frequencies (I hope). Nice to hear that it works without any problems. Enjoy your flights :slight_smile:

Glad you liked it :slight_smile: Enjoy your flights

Nice. ILS worked great with Navigraph now, so should be no problem for you.