New MSFS 2020 - Cessna L-19 Bird Dog to be released today

Guys its so much to read through, can you recommend the bird dog now in its current state or should I wait still? Thanks in advance

I can DEFINITELY recommend it all the way! It’s a VERY simple plane, but it has a lot of character. Let’s put it this way - if you want a nice steam gauge A/C with NO autopilot of any kind, but that has three variants (including a seaplane version), this is the way to go. It’s worth it. I like flying it.

Nice airplane. Fun to fly. I hope we will see another update to address the carb heat logic, which is reversed (still). But overall, a fun little plane.

I recommend it wholeheartedly . It’s one of very few amphibian planes at the moment for MSFS (Icon, Goose, Cri Cri) and therefore very nice bush plane, I mostly use this version of it.

-eelis-

Yes. I recommend it. Full of character, and fun to fly. A bit sensitive on trim at times, but that seems to change with Asobo’s own changes to the base sim. The developer has worked very hard to keep on top of this moving target and as a result the aircraft is a keeper. The metal finish on the Canadian version is an absolute treat, a real poser for screenshots!

2 Likes

Folks, I know this isn’t really the right place to post this, but I’ve googled endlessly and can’t find any clues. My altimeter does not work in any of the 3 models. Just sits at zero. The adjustment knob indicates changes in the pop up, but the needle still doesn’t move. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled as administrator a couple times but no change. Any solutions out there?

First thing I do when something like this occurs…

1. In the Packages folder outside of the Community folder, make a temp folder, and remove “all” your mods and store them there. I’ve had other planes / folders conflict with some mods.

2. See if the Birddog running by itself still has the issue.

3. When you troubleshoot, you have to start somewhere, and removing all other mods is a good place to start.

4. You can contact the author, he’s been pretty good at getting back to me.

Have you tried hitting the “b” key on your keyboard To reset to barometric pressure?

There is an easier way of setting up a Community Folder for testing and up dates ( at least it works for me and a few friends) Just put a couple of Numerical Zeros in front of your Community folder. ( OOCommunity) MSFS won’t see it anymore, then add a blank Community folder. Put the file or files in that you want to test etc… I actually have a couple (00Community, 000Community etc… One is setup for testing Liveries so I don’t have to wait so long for it to load up when I just want to Look at my aircraft, and I have one that still contains about 25 old sceneries that I had issues with and I’m still sorting them out one at a time, and then one is my main normal day to day. Doesn’t seem to crash or have any effect on the sim When you are done with testing just add a zero or two and then remove the zeros from the main folder. Works for when the updates come along as well.

Sweet, how did I not see this earlier!

1 Like

Your just doing the same thing, your creating new folders, its easier just to put a temp at the root of “Packages”, and leave it there for future use. Since you are doing a cut/paste and not copying, the folders/files are moved instantly.

Cool, or just use MSFS Addons Linker :slight_smile:

1 Like

“Folks, I know this isn’t really the right place to post this, but”…

You’re right, you never should have posted this here, as the thread is for “new” releases of the L19, now its taking the original post way off-topic.

Just another area where Ms is asleep at the wheel, as these forums are poorly designed / laid out.

Or you can just get MSFS Addons Linker so you don’t have to screw around in file manager.

Spot on KJKerr! Setting the barometer via “B” was the secret sauce to get it operational. Thanks!

Happy to help

hy guys , there are news update.

someone can told me how to instal new update ?? i buy the plane from blackbox simulation site.

tnx

Update link should be in your email. It may have found its way to the spam folder, so check there if it is nowhere to be found.

1 Like

No link so far for me. :thinking:

If you have ever received an update e-mail for the Bird Dog, you can still use that “old” link. It is the same link no matter what version the current version is.

1 Like