New MSFS 2020 - Cessna L-19 Bird Dog to be released today

All which repaints?

Please do let us know when the patch has been released. I still do not see it on the website. Thank you.

You should get an email from us when the new Installer is ready to download

2 Likes

Apple has one of the largest installed user bases in the world, with a mere handful of core products. Too, Apple products are entirely closed-source. Of the 1,000,000 copies of Flight Sim reported to have been sold, even if only half of those were for the PC, there are a half-million unique computers in the wild running this code.

The job to vet developers so as not to create (further) disappointment cannot be under estimated. I think Microsoft and Asobo are erring to the side of caution, and I think that is wise.

Kudos to developers like Black Box that have decided to ā€œtake the plungeā€ in the early days of development. My hesitation is based as much on the ever changing code base for Flight Sim as it is the direct reports of the Black Box L-19 behavior in Flight Sim.

Bottom line: no knock against Black Box whatsoever. The environment is simply too fluid at the moment, and major glitches like CTD need to be addressed before adding third party code into the mix. Just my $0.02ā€¦

1 Like

Thank you for quick response. Also, would you please tell me how I might invite my attractive young passenger behind me to leave the plane? Her feet are sticking up into my bum and it wonā€™t do. I tried adjusting the cargo loadout but this did not work; is there another way?

3 Likes

I did check the Official Marketplace last night and did notice that itā€™s getting a little more fluid now. Seems like thereā€™s a bit more content in there so they might have just had a critical bug preventing any updates/changes in the marketplace. Hopefully these bugs continued getting hashed out and they can start vetting developers earlier.

You can edit the aircraft.cfg and simple edit, remove ( Or rem out ) The following lines

[PILOT]
pilot = ā€œPilot_Female_Casualā€
copilot = ā€œPilot_Male_Casualā€
instructor = ā€œPilot_Male_Casualā€
pilot_default_animation = ā€œIdle1_PosePropellerā€
copilot_default_animation = ā€œIdle2_PosePropellerā€
pilot_attach_node = ā€œPILOT_0ā€
copilot_attach_node = ā€œPILOT_1ā€

This will remove her

Iā€™m leaving her there :slight_smile:

:sunglasses:

I did that and it removed her, thank you. But it also removed my pilot avatar in external view. Which line(s) should I keep to put him (the pilot) back?

Anyone notice that the altimeter doesnā€™t have a knob to set the barometric pressure? Sitting on a airport with 500 feet elevation the altimeter reads 0. No way to reset the heading indicator for precession either. Otherwise Iā€™m fairly satisfied with my purchase. Hopefuly these issues will be fixed.

it does now ā€¦ along with many other items all patched

3 Likes

Still very poor interior and panel textures, no switch noises, windows donā€™t open. All things that are not unreasonable to expect in a 25 Euro add on. Still waiting on a reply for my refund request.

2 Likes

It is a nice little plane. How do you toggle the landing gear in the amphibian? The ā€œGā€ doesnā€™t work on the keyboard and of course, having that bound to my joystick button doesnā€™t work. Donā€™t see a lever for lowering the gear in the cockpit. (What is the round circle to the upper right of the dashboard, is that a mirror or something, just curious.)

UPDATED: The ā€œGā€ works for gear, but you have to have the battery on, it is electrical, not manual. So all is well!

1 Like

If youā€™ve already made your mind up for a refund, you are past this, so why worry about details like textures, switch noises, etc? Just askingā€¦

1 Like

Because that request was made before they announced the patch. After it was announced, I was hopeful it might fix some other issues. Unfortunately, now it just seems like for 30 Euro youā€™re buying into a development program that has no guarantees of finally producing a satisfactory end product. Thatā€™s not what it said on the tin.

does third party developers have to pay some kind of tax when they get their items sold in the marketplace?

I canā€™t see the Bird Dog in the marketplace and Iā€™m wondering why?

@NightMercury358 Any chance weā€™ll see an official paint kit in the near future? The ability to recreate the L-19s Iā€™ve flown (and their past lives) would be a big deal for me in deciding to buy any payware this early in the development.

In spite of all the issues with the sim in general, Iā€™m just happy to see a Bird Dog as one of the first aircraft available.

you could buy it regardless because youā€™re qualified to tell us how it handles irl xD

There are now many hundreds of requests from developers wanting to be on the marketplace. It will take time to verify and check them. There is what I understand is the current situation.