New MSFS Support for Buttkicker Hapticonnect - anyone tried it?

Anyone try this with helicopters ? I don’t find it works terribly well, at least with turbines. I just get a very high pitch sinewave. Nothing from the rotors themselves.

Simshaker does a much better job with this.

1 Like

I have it, and turned everything down/off except runway textures. Flap motors don’t vibrate the entire plane IRL, the engine RPM haptics are weird, gear turbulence feels odd…
Not worth it, imho.

Edit: After another 20 or so hours flying irl, I’ve uninstalled it completely. I have however installed an equalizer for Windows and have played with the sounds a bit. Mostly eliminating the 1khz range and upping the bass. Sounds/feels more realistic.

I use it just with the sound emulation. With the Flyinside Bell 206 its a blast!!! You can feel the Bladeslap of the chopper… :metal:

Hello… HaptiConnect is eating 9% of my CPU usage even not using any simulator (flight or race sim). Is it normal?

1 Like

You mean you send it straight audio ? How do you do that ?

Exactly

Ahh thanks, I’ll have a play around with it. Although Windows update just messed my audio up!!! grr
Now have to fix that first.

Ive been trying to get this to work with MSFS for a few weeks now. Have the flight hapticonnect program and after many emails to BK tech support I finally got it working by plugging in the 3.5mm from the BK to a USB sound card. Then have to have it running in game connect mode.

In saying all this, this is absolute garbage though, the haptics are terrible and I still have to always adjust volume or the sliders to get parts of it to work. The RPM for example. all I want is a bit of an engine rumble but what I get is a hum vibration of the BK that is downright awful. The audio through a splitter is better.

What a waste of my money this has been.

1 Like

I think the effects though HaptiConnect are quite alright when flying GA planes. It’s broken in helicopters and there’s no effect in Airliners at all. The software improved quite a bit with the recent updates but it still freezes when entering / leaving VR, probably due to some sound card changes that come with that.

I don’t regret the purchase and couldn’t fly without. Am I fully satisfied? Not yet, I’d still like to see improvements on the aforementioned aircraft types. Ideally via a profiles mechanism. Also, the “G-sense” effect in HaptiConnect is purely based on bank angle and kicks in above 20 degrees. This might make sense in a Cesna but less so in figher jets. Thus. I turned that one off entirely.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.