New Nvidia 497.09 Always CTD

Quite hard to recommend, but I have gone back to using 496.76 as it runs very stable in dx11 for myself.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

I see someone already gave you this.

Well after the initial CTD when loading a flight after upgrading to these drivers, I have flown four successive flights now and so far they are solid as can be. Perhaps that initial was just a fluke in my case but so far now since everything looking good. DX11 Mode.

The same for me. Win10; I see purple patches after a few seconds CTD.

Open Issues:

[DX11]Microsoft Flight Simulator may crash to desktop during gameplay [3454519]

[DX11]Microsoft Flight Simulator may intermittently display purple artifacts on the ground textures [3454530]

Hi there! I had CTD too when I started a new flight with Geforce GTX1060 and driver version 497.09 from 21/12/1). Switched back to a previous driver and now it loads the flight fine.

That’s great Orca. May I ask what driver you reverted to?

Installed 497.09. Did a three hour flight in the DC-6 in VR. No problems at all. Couldn’t tell if better or same, I didn’t watch fps. No blue parches.

Did proper DDU install with bloat ware removed. Win10, DX11 only. Hp G2. Also cleared DX shader cache with disk cleanup, and rebooted when done. 10900k, evga 3090 FTW3. 64mb at 4000.

Works fine on some at least.

DX12 is litteraly unplayable even on a 3090, the framerate is under 30 fps ■■■

LMAO omg under 30!!!

With a 3090 and a good CPU you should never come under 40fps with 4K and everything maxed out.
And under 30fps looks and feels very bad if you’re used to the smoothness of higher fps.

3 Likes

with the current implementation of DX12 this is the case tho…

1 Like

Yes they just got it to work, after a couple of updates it will probably be better.
Good thing they already gave us the beta implementation so they can look for other issues while working on it.

Just upgraded. Better FPS in VR but CTD and blue/purple textures on runways.

RTX 3080
5600X

I got the 510.31 Development release.

Thought I give it a try after I had to DDU the buggy 497.09 anyway.

And I am very happy with it.
Better Performance without any patches or CTD.

So if anyone else dare to give it a try Google for NVIDIA 510.31 and you’ll find the link to download it

I just said what everyone without a 3090 was thinking.

Oh and “looks and feels very bad” is a far better description than “unplayable” as most of us strive for 30fps.

Yes i know :slight_smile:
With a 2060 you can also reach 30fps with some settings turned down though.
A lot of people are chasing ultra or high settings, i prefer reasonable fps.

well mate, maybe your eyes fancy a slideshow, but when in DX11 it’s running around 60fps in 4k, but under 30 in DX12, i’m sorry but this keeps this option out of the question.

1 Like

not saying it won’t be better, but with its current state, i’d trade smooth performance for a laggy DX12 in beta, even it gets the sim running without any CTD.

btw for @Salem978 = “looks and feels very bad” is clearly synonymous with unplayable, i’m not masochistic enough for that, sorry

I and many others here cap the frame rate at 30 so to me clearly that’s “playable” and based on opinion.