New Nvidia 497.09 Always CTD

I just installed this new driver and I have had CTD on all the flights I have tried to do.
I can’t remember the last time I had a CTD, maybe with the SU3 or SU4.
Every time I have started a flight with A320X from EDDK (Aerosoft) or ESSA (ORBX) I have finished in CTD.
Blue patches also appear on ground textures randomly.
I have returned to the previous controller and I have been able to fly without any problem, no CTD, no blue patches.

Has anyone else tried the new driver?

Greetings.

22 Likes

Haven’t updated yet but will be following this thread.

When you did the update did you select the option for a clean install?

Try to reinstall it clean and if you get the same result, downgrade to the version before. I also had this behavior a while ago in another game.

1 Like

Same problem after update :roll_eyes:

Well ok than maybe just downgrade again :smiley: And thank’s for bringing it up here. I won’t update my driver :smirk:

Always check the “installation correct” box
And I never install the gforce experience software.

I’ll try again with a DDU clean installation.

2 Likes

Me neither in my opinion it’s just rubbish.

9 Likes

just a quick question: those getting CTD, are you on DX11 or DX12 ?

Always DX11, it works better for me.

2 Likes

I had the same issue this morning. I was getting the CTD after setting up my flight and clicking the FLY button. I found that for me it was having DTX11 selected. I changed to DTX12 and no more CTD.

Performance, however, is noticeably poorer. That is an issue with the DTX12 implementation.

2 Likes

Yup, also problems after installing nVidia Driver 497.09. Sim unusable. CTD a short while after clicking Fly. Consistent.

3 Likes

Are you running win11 like me?

1 Like

Yes, I saw a few BLUE places on the tarmac and I did get a CTD with 497.09, clean install.
It has been MANY MONTHS since I had a CTD… Maybe even late last year.
Got the CTD sitting on the tarmac , starting engines on the stock B787 and switching views inside to outside a couple of times…then BOOM…CTD.

I am running Win 10, Ver: 21H2 , DX11, with NO Addons and NO Mods, Have an Empty Community Folder.
I am reinstalling 496.76.

2 Likes

No issues here.

this only proofs thats not only the sim that can cause issues !!!

1 Like

Yes, running Windows 11.

Yes running Win 11

Running Win10, new driver is crashing the sim and i see blue patches on the ground.

2 Likes

Well, it seems to have nothing to do with Windows version.

So i try DX12 and no problems anymore, but DX12 doesn´t run so well :face_with_raised_eyebrow: