New Nvidia 497.09 Always CTD

I really like to do other things on my PC so IMO disabling hyperthreading doesn’t bring enough to warrant turning it off … and any simmers with just four or six cores definitely shouldn’t do.

Agreed but in general for DX (edit DX11) based gaming to steal an old sitcoms name 8 is enough.

1 Like

I’ll remember those words the next time I’m rendering uncompressed 4k video on 6 threads instead of my usual 14 :smiley:

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: minimum ten

as said before i had ctd till su7 or su6 and now it’s very very rare, so may be it’s because my uac fully disabled and everything include msfs launch as admin, so just try start it as admin may be that help with the driver
p.s. for buy some in the marketplace you have to launch with uac and not as admin
no ctd but stay in curious about this

I confirm. CTD with this driver, no matter what plane or situation.
A LL other sims and games in my rig work PERFECTLY.
This is an issue that concerns ONLY MSFS…

Nope
GeForce 497.09 GRD Feedback Thread ( | NVIDIA GeForce Forums

Ryzen7 5800h 16gb ram Rtx3050ti on latest driver…crashes mid loading screen of any flight, turned dx12 beta on restart no issues untill I looked at the passenger yoke crashed. Restarted fine no issues even completed few landing challenges

i play with disabled hd audio(nvidia) by device manager and disabled integral audio in bios(use external) may be first is cause i haven’t ctd with this driver
p.s. and before use ddu in safe mod, i uninstall nvidia drivers and all components from program and futures by standard way

so… version .09 is still broken if we dont want to mess with the settings, right?

Has anybody who has posted on this thread tried switching "HAGS"off ?

497.29 out now and it looks like the crashing and purple / blue patches are fixed.

3 Likes

Awesome and I just saw 497.29 driver updated version available. Maybe I can wait until more people install this. I don’t want to be first in line anymore, LOL.

I have it, Hags on … null problemo

Nice to see its finally fixed, I am still 2 versions back before the CTD issues.

I’ll see how people get on with this one before I consider upgrading.

Now are your FPS better or worse with HAGS?

tbf I haven’t done a comparison but it seemed perfectly ok

497.92 is out. The release note addresses FS crashes

I just did a straight up fresh driver on reboot comparison and I found pretty much zero difference, maybe a 2% in favor of HAGS off but so negligible since MSFS didn’t fully cooperate. (same exact settings/traffic live weather off and two different runways out of Teterboro?)

Previous tests had shown obvious favor of HAGS off, this is no longer the case possibly?

Edit: Retested same adding minor tweaks, slight edge to HAGS off normal flying, slight edge to HAGS on when spinning camera around the plane like a mad person over NYC? I’m going to stay HAGS off for now.

yup… I may take a chance on this one (497.92)
[Microsoft Flight Simulator]: The game may crash to the desktop during gameplay. [3454519]
 [Microsoft Flight Simulator]: Purple/blue artifacts appear on ground textures in the game.
[3454530]