New Nvidia 497.09 Always CTD

I’m not sure if I turned HAG off before or after the driver release and now curiosity is getting the better of me. Fool that I am I shall give 497.09 another try
:grimacing:

1 Like

Please report back. I have always had HAGS turned off since day one, so I will give the new driver a go with DX11 when I get home tonight.

It is being reported on the Avsim forums that there are no driver related CTD’s or blue / purple patches on the landscape with HAGS turned OFF.

Some people probably don’t know if it is on or off, accounting for the inconsistency we are seeing in the bug - i.e. why some people have the issue, and some don’t.

Can confirm having done a quick transfer from KLAX to Santa Monica in the Caravan (can confirm new Garmin setup too, very nice :smiley:) and I did two short discovery flights including Singapore which was an instant CTD before with HAGs on obviously … Performance is similar to 496.74 I’d say.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I will try them as well when I get home tonight - making sure HAGS is off! :slight_smile:

Just gave the 497.09 driver another go with Hags off and haven’t had a CTD yet or any blue patches.
With Hags on I would get a guaranteed crash when loading into a 2nd flight.

HAGS has always been on since updating to Windows 11 on my end and still CTD. I haven’t try to undo it since installing 497.09 but this setting never was touched.

I think the key is turning it off.

Thanks for reiterating to try it off. I must of read too many CTD with 497.09 to miss this.

1 Like

I hope the reply was not to “snarky”

1 Like

Not at all but I do plan to wait longer. Thanks for the heads up.

I can confirm as well. Having CTD with driver version 497.09 running on Directx 11
Windows 11 Pro 21H2
RTX 2070 Super

Getting CTD once I updated to 479.09 using RTX3060ti and Win11.

Be sure you have Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling (HAGS) OFF

Just checked and it was on, so that may have been the issue. But have already rolled back to 496.76, so not going to change anything.

1 Like

Same issues here with Windows 10 RTX3080 FTW3. Rolled back the nvidia driver and all is well now.

Just so we’re clear, you’ve identified a clear CTD cause but because one driver set doesn’t expose it’s uselessness you’re going to leave it on?

Oh and every other system tweaker type user is in nodding lockstep that it should be turned off.

Not correct. The only CTD cause was the driver itself. As I had already rolled back the driver, I am only assuming that turning HAGS off would have corrected the problem, but I didn’t try it myself. As there is no performance difference between the troublesome driver and the older stable driver, there is no benefit in spending effort troubleshooting it. Lastly, any Nvidia driver that causes CTDs is just plain dodgy and should be avoided.

1 Like

Persevering for now with 497.09, simply for the VR performance gains with my 3080. I did have two CTD this evening but also had a few uninterrupted flights. I’ll stick with it for a few more days and see if it settles in any.

HAGS is off.

Sadly it’s probably not the driver but something Asobo will have to take care of.

You know the routine, the big guy always bashes the little guy :hammer:

OK I was about to go in game and take a few screen shots HAGS on HAGS off then I remembered my sim would crash lol :smiley: there’s a minor performance increase with HAGS off imho, I also use the “disable full screen optimizations” tweak, disable “game mode” disable hyper threading.

The sim hates things that sound like they should make things better.

1 Like