New Nvidia 497.09 Always CTD

Hi, I updated my nvidia drivers and have had two CTD since. Never had that before!

1 Like

Two!!! … Either you’ve only playing five minutes or I guess that makes you very lucky :wink:

Just kidding but the driver in the thread title is causing lots of problems and no one knows why :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I wish I had seen this thread before I updated my drivers. CTD every time I start a flight…

I guess I wait for a fix from Nvidia? I don’t know how to revert back to my previous drivers.

■■■■

Search ddu on youtube (or you could be brave and try DX12)

1 Like

You can go to the nvidia driver site, do a search for your card and OS, and hit search. It will list the last 4-5 drivers. Just download the previous driver file and run it as a clean install (look for the little box that lets you do a clean install).
Regards

1 Like

Easiest way to revert to a stable driver is to select the “studio driver” if you are not that tech friendly.

Good luck, we’re all counting on you. :slight_smile:

Yes clean install is good.

Done. Fixed. and… THANK YOU!

Thankful for all the experts here that make life wonderful!

1 Like

You can also roll back a driver using Windows Device Manager. Right click on your video card, properties, select the Driver’s tab, then Rollback Driver. Tell MS why you’re rolling back and click OK (I think) - it’ll take a few minutes then you’ll be back to your previous driver.
I just did this myself. I didn’t actually have any issues with the newest driver, until I started using the Beta hotfix which says it fixes the latest driver crashes, among the other things, then CTD galore along with some blue squares. Rolled back and now everything seems fine.

I think a clean install will render device manager rollback as “greyed out”. In other words, can’t rollback. Glad some are getting in the air again.

1 Like

Try going there, make selection and on the bottom list it give us previous available drivers

It’s easiest to just select the Studio Driver which will always be the most up to date with the fewest issues.

I posted this about my findings with settings - Surprisingly good results using GSYNC and VSYNC

There is not a chance I am installing 497.09 again, it only works for some people and I’m not one of them.

However I’m on the latest W11 preview and in the beta test I am getting fantastic perfomance from the 496.74 … you are all in for a real treat
:star_struck:

I downloaded the new driver two days ago and can’t even start a flight without CTD. However, deleting the working title GS3000 mod from my community folder stopped the CTD’s. Then I had random blue squares in the scenery, but at least the other cj4 mod worked. I always fly VR. Someone posted the driver has been fixed and to download from NVDIA and re-install. I will try that tonight. Otherwise I am rolling back

nVidia would most likely release as a new driver version not re-release a fixed old version.

3 Likes

Same here with this driver.
DX11, GTX1080

This would explain my issues last night…5 CTD and I gave up. Saw the blue patches in the final one. I’ll check the driver version but I’m sure it will tally

Disable HAGS and running public beta 1.21.18.0 DX11 works on my system.
Extra gain between 5-10 fps depending on the plane and the chosen scenery.

1 Like

Seems so obvious but I’ve had it turned off since forever.

Edit: they must be working on it, it would be nice if HAGS could do something positive

placeholder - poke with stick/do something meme