New Nvidia 497.09 Always CTD

may be restart pc with minimum autorun soft and add them till ctd

yeah lol dont change unles its broke.

1 Like

The guy from nVidia coming to this forum to ask for feedback he didn’t receive yet. Within 6 hours. That’s next level support there.

The fix will probably come before our sim hotfix. :smile:

3 Likes

You’re not alone. Had not one CTD before this driver. Reverted to previous and all good. Nvidia usually releases new ones after reports of this type.

Thanks Manuel :+1::blush:

2 Likes

Just yesterday coincidentally I changed my CPU and it can run MSFS without problems twice, until after a certain point I started to have continuous CTD. I was very worried thinking that maybe it was a problem with the CPU change, testing and testing… until I read your post.

Indeed, I changed the configuration to DX12 and everything went back to normal. thank you very much!

As the performance in DX12 is, currently, very poor on my rig, I uninstalled the drivers with DDU and reinstalled 496.76 and now everything works great in DX11 again.

Old simmer’s wisdom : do not upgrade a driver when yours works OK. It is looking for trouble. The gain is most of the time inexistant and the odd of having cr@p coming up non negligible.

Addendum : take with a large pinch of salt when a fellow simmer is posting that the new driver enhances or speeds up the graphics. There is such a thing as a placebo effect. Wait for confirmation by others.

3 Likes

True when it comes to fps but after a few twiddles I did get DX12 nice and smooth … It should be a good one for the future.

after su7 i lost hope at new ctd fest, before su7 it was so funny, almost any flight longer than 40min gives me ctd before su7, now it was twice, and even this 497.09 change nothing, where is my ■■■■■■■ ctd?!
now serious - power settings to max power same as restart pc before flight is really can help, for example far cry 4 if i don’t restart pc before play was crazy jumper to desktop in this game cycle, similar situation with power option for nvidia, some games works ok with default and you forgot to change it to max power, and uh oh, surprise some game ctd until you change profile for her to use max power
i use ultra low latency and max power for all games, everything else - default

That’s a good point … MSFS doesn’t like power saving and even balanced can cause problems.

i talkning only about nvidia settings, but for pc i use max performance too

Great to see that Nvidia is monitoring this kind of forum👍🏾. You can just copy and paste all the feedback here and share with your dev team. 1st I can remember that I have seen a new driver messing up so much with a game (CTD, color discoloration…). Hopefully a patch is coming soon. Thanks

4 Likes

What happened here wasn’t really trouble, you can always go back.
You never know what causes CTDs, it might as well be your old trusty driver and the issue may already be fixed in a newer version. If you read the patch notes they actually fix a lot of things in these updates.

1 Like

some time you know what exactly give ctd as example scenery conflict

As an old simmer I appreciate your advice, but then, if the wisdom of an old simmer advises everyone not to upgrade until others confirm that all is well with an upgrade… how are we ever going to get anyone to confirm it if no one is going to test it until someone else confirms it? :thinking:

4 Likes

Solved for me

• I’ve applied Windows 10 Update 21H2 + Last Quality Preview
  • Updated Xbox apps from the Microsoft Store

Still on DX11 with 497.09 and no more CTD, already checked working properly with several different aircrafts loaded

2 Likes

I will try with DX12, though I’m now very stable with DX11 and a bit of smoothness increase
It looks like 497.09 is comfortable with last Windows updates

Nope - but I got something I never had before. “FREEZES”. Use to have occasional CTD. Never a freeze. SU7 and latest nVidia drivers in use. No purple no CTD. But freeze when changing view… like front cockpit to side or side to front. LOCKED FREEZE UP. If I don’t change my view it’s fine. But boring. i9, 3070. win11 DX11

2 Likes

The only update I’m able to download currently is an optional update: KB5007253.

Im running windows 11 already downgraded to 496.98 games has been running grate