New Nvidia 497.09 Always CTD

Hello everyone,

The team is watching this thread very closely. I have created a poll to help us determine how widespread this issue is. Please vote in the thread linked below, and be careful to select the right poll option depending on which version of Windows and DirectX you are using.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

4 Likes

Please disregard - I found out how to revert back to the previous Driver!!

Great improvement as regards lovely crisp shadows in the cockpit together with improved FPS.
After a clean install using DDU to clean out the trusty 472.12 previous Driver.
(Founders RTX 2080 ti).

1 Like

Blue squares with new drivers

2nd try lasted few mins, then upon restarting flight - CTD

Roll back to 496.76 - NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

Ok, just did another flight. It was again perfect!
So far I’m thrilled with this new driver. I’m baffled by all the issues mentioned here.
And when most don’t post their specs, it doesn’t help them or anyone else.

2 Likes

Yesterday I updated the driver and I was able to fly without problem.

Tempting to DDU 497.09 thoroughly. Then reinstall same. That might explain why there are those without problems on new driver.

@pidge2k
Thanks, Manuel. Feedback submitted on the Nvidia site.
Regards

@TooLowTooSlow, @Rosen213, do you have free G1000 NXi installed from the Marketplace ? (I also get this intermittently)

No problems for me…no ctd

1 Like

Yes I do have the latest G1000 NXi, have done a clean DDU driver removal and reinstalled the 497.09 still getting blue squares randomly when changing views around aircraft.

1 Like

I will try with temporarily uninstalling the NXi, as I’ve noticed the blue area on the scenery was nearly the same as top blue part on the G1000. Just an idea of additional check for this specific issue outside the CTD concern

With Dx12 enabled I don’t get the blue squares and the fps quite good, but unfortunately all of my Carenado aircraft just lockup and crash the sim with Dx12. I’m going to roll back to previous drivers… and Dx11 for now

I feel better now. I updated last night and it was crash after crash. I suspected the driver all day at work, but won’t have time to do anything until the weekend. This is a classic piece of info and I thank not only you lot, but the forum as well.

3 Likes

1080ti here with 497.09 installed.
Blue squares and CTD shortly after hitting Fly :frowning:
Win 10 21H1.

1 Like

So, going back to DX11, I was testing with uninstalling NXi, just to be sure in any case and it seems the blue squares issue wasn’t NXi related, as I’ve encountered an area in scenery displaying those blue squares. I’ve not had the time to take a screenshot, though
Just that DX11 is more stable, for me, than previously, it was time to perform a nice flight with the Savage NX over Bilbao (the situation was made only to be ready to capture screenshot ahead, but not seen additional in this flight)

What are your system specs and settings. Vsync / Gsync on / off

I flew the same day without the new Nvidia driver, with no problems.
I now have the new GPU driver and I have a CTD once the game loads, I see the main menu and then CTD. Never had it before. Flying impossible. There is currently a survey on the CTD in relation to the GPU driver, please participate so that this problem can be resolved quickly. (I use DirectX11/Windows11)

1 Like

Posted in the poll but will post here as well

Nvidia 497.09
Asus RTX 3060 KO OC edition
Ryzen 5800
Asus TUF X570 gaming + wifi
Corsair Vengeance RGB pro 3200 mhz, 2x16 GB (32 GB total)

Not only does it CTD, but on one occasion it caused my PC to shut off entirely, with the fans ramping for no reason. Temps never exceed 65C on my CPU as I have a corsair h115i aio. Not sure about GPU temps but it’s not OC’ed or anything (aside from the stock OC that Asus has on it)…

And so, of course, you had the emotional need to share it with the rest of the world. :grin:
But, wow, such an impressively unique deed with staying faithful to your favorite driver version after so much time…

…even though it is critically outdated version considering the once in a decade technological leaps, implementation of new standards and a substantial amount of changes and updates to the MSFS with the most notable being ~50.000 individual changes accomplished as part of the SU5 redesigning whole parts of the MSFS core at the lowest API level)…all the hallmarks to the 2020/2021 period…ensued post-release of nVidia 457.30…but nevermind !!! :star_struck: :man_cartwheeling: :partying_face: :man_cartwheeling:

Man, you’re a true nVidia 457.30 evangelist! :mage:
It is really, like, an honor reading about your experience with one of the best if not the best driver versions of all MSFS time and maybe even of all time ever !!

Woah, thanks mate, this is just an impressive scientific observation backed by practical experience at an enviable level, honestly !

What to say…enlightening…

1 Like