New nvidia driver 522.25

Includes DSLL3 support in MSFS2020. (RTX40XX)
Let’s see if there are news with DX12.

2 Likes

can someone confirm if the Win 11 Update 22H2 still causes Problems with this new driver ?

Moved to Community support-Hardware and Peripherals

2 Likes

No problem here with Win11 22H2

4 Likes

After a quick test on DX12, maybe it’s a placebo effect, but there seems to be a few more FPS.
There are no hiccups, nor loss of textures in airports.
The performance is very smooth, it uses all the cores, including the efficiency cores, they always remain at a minimum.

9 Likes

Hi Biovac,

Thanx for the update. I have posted a link to the driver for you…

Gaming Technology

• Includes support for the GeForce RTX 4090.

Fixed Issues

• [Teardown] Resolves lower performance observed when MSI Afterburner overlay is used [3653400]
  • Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands displays texture corruption after extended gameplay on NVIDIA GPUs [3777340]
  • UE5.1 crashes when enabling path tracing on some drivers [3731151]

Known Issues

• Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used. [3624030]
  • Videos played back in Microsoft Edge may appear green if NVIDIA Image Scaling is enabled upon resuming from hibernate or booting with fastboot. [3624218]
  • [DirectX 12] Shadowplay recordings may appear over exposed when Use HDR is enabled from the Windows display settings. [200742937]
  • Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled. [3592260]
  • [RTX 30 series] Lower performance in Minecraft Java Edition. [3702953]
  • [Forza Horizon 5] Rainbow like artifacts in game after driver update. [3685123]
  • Dell XPS 9560 may crash and reboot when using desktop applications [3737715]
  • Maxon – Cinema4D + Redshift3D vidmemory allocations cause TDR or Driver Crash [3659104]
  • RedCine-X Pro potential crash while working with effects during video playback [3809401]

Cheers!

Charles.

5 Likes

He prolly refers to the holographic shell stuff that’s been plaguing WMR VR users… did you test in VR?

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t see any reference to VR in his post.
No, I’m not using VR

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks for the information…and let us sing and dance: Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands problems has been fixed with this new driver…Happy Tiny Tina! (i’m jealous) :smile:

2 Likes

Some tried it yet?

This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-0 gaming experience for the latest new DLSS
titles including Gotham Knights, Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection, and Dakar Desert
Rally. In addition, this Game Ready Driver supports the first new DLSS 3 titles including A Plague
Tale: Requiem, Justice, Loopmancer, F1 22, Bright Memory: Infinite, SUPER PEOPLE, Microsoft
Flight Simulator, and Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered. This Game Ready Driver also includes
significant DirectX 12 performance optimizations which can dramatically improve performance
for GeForce 30 Series GPUs.

1 Like

That’s quite a claim. Very curious to know what and where these benefits are.

4 Likes

Probably games that are NOT Microsoft Flight Simulator, lol.

7 Likes

I dont get it in my Experience app?

1 Like

Curious to see if this will resolve the broken ground textures and dreadfully absymal DX12 performance I’m seeing with my 3070Ti in MSFS. Guess I have to wait till I get home from work to test it out.

1 Like

NVidia will not fix this HolographicShell problem as it’s a Microsoft WMR issue which appear when using Windows 11 22H2. MSFT must fix it instead.

2 Likes

I see real improvement. I’m running a 3080.

2 Likes

Same, I can find them on drivers page, but Geforce Experience don’t propose it to me, weird.

Edit: and they insist on this DX12 point for RTX users:
If you’re using a previous-generation GeForce RTX graphics card or laptop, you’ll also want to install ASAP to benefit from new DirectX 12 optimizations that can improve performance by double digits in popular titles.

1 Like

Were you suffering from poor DX12 performance, video memory leaks and broken ground textures with the previous Game Ready driver, or is this just a performance improvement over the previous driver for you?

Pervious to this driver, using DX12 was choppy with some ground anomalies. This appears to be fixed. smooth performance and ground textures presented as they are in DX11.

1 Like

I hope I’m as fortunate as you are then. Thanks for the info.