New nvidia driver 522.25

I don’t have much of a hope as my experience in this sim is really impacted since SU10 (both DX11 and DX12, but worse in DX12) with a 3080 and a 5900X

1 Like

Quick check:
Discovery flight Naples, VR, G2, RTX 3070, TAA, DX12, background applications and MSFS 30 frames limited, no GeForce Experience installed, only graphic driver.
517.40 Studio Driver vs. 522.25 Game Ready Driver
10% less GPU load and nearly 30 fps over the whole city (plus 2-3 frames) with 522.25 driver
Smoother performance

FBW A32X, departure Innsbruck, 5 minutes flight heading west, 15.000 feet, generally: Smoother and much more “realistic”

2 Likes

The new Gaming Drivers 522.25 are much better than the previous one here. Overall, much smoother flight on DX12/TAA…

It is only that Photogrammetry loading or refreshing of the LOD that became the source of some lags and pauses after SU10 or WU11 not sure…

2 Likes

First test ORBX Burbank Still mediocre performance under DX12 due to only having 8gb of vram. Much smoother under DX11 TAA.

Still this ground issue and worse performance with RTX 3080 10 GB and 5900X

Still saturates my VRAM

Edit : for reference KLAX IniBuilds and 3440x1440 res

1 Like

Installed the latest driver 522.25, but on my multi monitor setup one of my monitors now only shows a native resolution of 1024x768 or 800x600 (instead of 1920x1080) … also had that before on SOME other Game Ready Drivers, but never found a solution. Anyone else knows how to get the correct resolution? No Problem with the previous driver 517.48…

Already made all updates (latest Win11 22H2)

Greets,
Markus

1 Like

I’ll test with my 3090 today then my 4090 tomorrow

4 Likes

No improvement to DLSS with this driver.
Still blurry and ghosting.

1 Like

I hope you have not bought this beast for MSFS ^^

3 Likes

GEForce experience says 517.48 is the latest GR driver

Just because:

Edit: It seems some problems appear with those new drivers. For now nothing too important, a display problem corrupting map in Cyberpunk 2077. I’m waiting more feedback before installing them…

That “ground texture issue” is because you need to delete the Asobo KLAX airport (do through content manager)

Already done that, you can see it’s a satellite view.

Ok, not a driver issue either…looks like inibuilds needs to fix

Definitely not a Inibuilds issue as this doesn’t occur with DX11

Yeah ok, cause that’s how driver’s work?

Do you use the Rolling Cache? Maybe something like that might be the culprit (if it’s not inibuilds) or the nvidia shader cache.

I don’t agree on your driver angle, if it was an nvidia icon ok then yes

I would not expect new nVidia drivers to fix the DX12 ground texture issues at airports. The same thing happens on AMD graphics cards in DX12 (which is what I have), so we need to hope that SU11 fixes this for those of us that want to use DX12.

(Sorry, as an AMD Gfx card user, I’ll go back to my cave now and let the nVidia conversations continue :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Just installed 522.25 and loaded into inibuilds klax dx12 and i don’t have that issue you have. Something else is the problem on your end.

It never did for me. I actually believe that had something to do with the holographic thingy not the driver

Also, i have got an increase of fps from this update.
(On runway at ksfo, was seeing 32-38fps now getting 40-52fps.
As always run DDU in safemode (with internet disconnected while rebooting after running ddu) and download and use nvslimmer to debloat the telemetry and other bs from the nvidia driver.

8700k@5ghz
64gb ddr4 3200
3090fe stock speed
Running on Samsung ssd

1 Like