New nvidia driver 522.25

If there wasn’t already a YT video showing fantastic performance in MSFS I might agree.

Some of us are seeing said ground texture issues all over the place, not just KLAX with a 3rd party airport. DX11 shows no such ground texture issues.

1 Like

Dlss 3.0 wont work in msfs2020 until it is implented to msfs2020. And it will be in su11 beta. And it will need rtx 4090.

1 Like

Interesting…this is the first I’ve heard of it.
So I’m guessing cache clean outs have already been attempted?
How about content.xml, i know that used to be the way to exclude Asobo airports but isn’t any more, have you in fact removed the airports through the content manager?

Wow, that is strange.
Apologies

Some users have been experiencing this since the first SU10 beta. According to MS, the nVidia Game Ready Driver that was released a week after SU10 release was supposed to fix this. Apparently, it did for some folks, and not for others. Just like some folks are seeing the improved VRAM optimization and increased DX12 performance, and for others it’s not working and we’re still getting VRAM leaks and overflows and painfully bad DX12 performance. I believe this texture issue is related to VRAM optimzation as well.

These broken ground textures can happen anywhere. They’re way more common around 3rd party airports (even ones replacing autogen airports or Asobo hand-crafted airports), but can happen anywhere. And from flight to flight, they may or may not show up, may not be at the same locations, etc…

3 Likes

I just updated the driver and there seems to be no change in performance with Win11.

1 Like

I read and early on in the beta i saw weird tree textures and graphic spikes/lines etc…weird stuff like that, but not issues like satellite images of planes showing…I’m not sure how the driver would do that

Yeah, the Elden Ring trees were one of the graphical glitches in that first beta. Those were gone as of the second beta. Ground texture issues remained throughout the duration of the SU10 beta. And word was in the final days before release that the forthcoming nVidia driver would fix performance issues as well as the ground issues.

For some of us, that never happened.

1 Like

Have any of you tried this https://www.flightsimulator.blog/2022/09/21/performance-boost-tricks/

I did it a while back, made extra space and has had No ill effects…maybe has helped.

Thank you,
Interesting, i never fully understood what the issues with ground texture meant…i assumed it was more of low quality ground textures like happened right after xbox release.

Well definitely claim back your 60gb of harddisk space, and hopefully they fix that asap.
For me su10 and the nv drivers have changed my sim for the best…super smooth great performance. Running now to see if i get any crashes, so far so good.

I was having this on SU 10, Dx12 with the previous driver on arrival airports (+stutters at 5-10 fps)
Hope it is solved now

I mean scattered patches of low res ground textures that make Minecraft look photorealistic by comparison.

I’m at work currently, but hoping this new driver helps on my end. I had high hopes for the last one, but was left sorely disappointed. Let’s hope this one does the trick. Although I’m keeping expectations low.

Does this new driver improve the FPS for DX 12 in MSFS? Supposedly, this driver has new optimization for DX 12, according to the NVidia site:

This Game Ready Driver also includes significant DirectX 12 performance optimizations which can dramatically improve performance for GeForce 30 Series GPUs.

If anybody installed this driver and is using DX12, let us know how DX12 performs in MSFS after you installed this driver. Thanks!

Just had a quick flight in DX11 and DX12 with the new driver.
DX11 is still smoother, buttery smooth in fact, apart from an occasional pause.
DX12 is still somewhat jittery by comparison.
Still some way to go before we return to the buttery smooth DX12 of SU10 beta1

RTX2060
1080p

1 Like

That i understand…
Just realized my terrain level of detail was turned down to 150…bumped up to 250…will probably push further.

I’m gonna look for any bad textures as i test.

Hi,

With me RTX3090 and DX12 (everything on highest settings) is 99% butter smooth :smiley:Screen and VR.

If it stays like this i seriously cancel my idea of getting the RTX4090 or RTX4090ti (when released)

I love this driver!!! :grin:

1 Like

Yeah that 192 bit bus width is holding your card back

great driver gave me approx 10fos more on my 3080. running 3500/3500 in VR now with fps 40 above new york. onky thing os that sometimes i need to reactivate DLLS to get this framerate. so i set it back to TAA and then DLLS again.
fs is very good for me in VR now.
amazing quality. push open xr to 3500/3500 and use DLSS to get performance.
super clear and amazing framerate in vr
best sofar!!

Exactly…same here ultra settings on just about everything, render scaling 125, TAA @5120×1440. Looks great, performs great!

And yes, had been contemplating getting a 10900k to match this 3090 or newer to obtain what these updates have provided…just saved me the money and the hassle

Shh…let’s not tell nvidia or intel…they’ll wanna stop that

Yes I’m getting this with my Gigabyte Aorus Monitor, only detects it as a 1080p monitor instead of 1440p and I can’t change it.
Seems to have setup my secondary monitor as the main one and renamed the Aurous as generic wired monitor.
As you mentioned, this has happened before with a previous driver but I had to wait for them to release a new driver to fix it.
Had to go back to 517.48.

3 Likes