NEW Nvidia Drivers: GeForce WHQL 516.94 - Nvidia has issued a security warning for it's GPU drivers on 4/8/2022)

I’m with you on that, I have never seen any performance change with an Nvidia GFX driver update over the last 15 years.
Always seems to give me exactly the same performance.
Occasionally had one that was unstable and crashed my system but always been able to go back to the previous version ok.

Only useful difference is they sometimes add new features.

I’m finding the Freestyle post processing tool quite useful for tweaking the image quality in MSFS & the performance monitoring overlay seems to be ok, I can just toggle it with a hotkey.

So as to the 456.38 on my 2070 super, no change…

2 Likes

I also installed the new driver with a negative result as my CPU in neutral needs about 6-8 % performance. Some driver files have been always working in the backround. That causes about -8 % performance of my CPU. I reinstalled the old driver and everything was fine again.

1 Like

I have managed to push my simulator performance even further.

It appears that the developer may have reduced the LOD in the simulation. There are many reports of this, this would contribute to higher FPS.

Charles.

Updated to 456.38, without using DDU, I can’t tell any difference. It works well here.

My Hardware/ on CPU-Z

1 Like

Updated today and made a few flights. No difference to me.

i think it’s about cpu optimization, in my case gpu was loaded all the time, or you use not max settings and have much more cpu loading, in any way, what you said it’s sound like cpu/ram optimization

you can check this, if cfg file lod determination has been changed, so for example before patch slider 200 mean 185 load, and after patch it’s become 160 or something like that, we do this in p3d, for overwrite to highest sign than max in menu with slider of lod

1 Like

one of nv library, what was one of causes of ctd, didn’t use 2nd core in default affinity mask, so may be new one use all cores and have conflict in some systems, what need more room in second core, for example crysis remastered all the time use last core 100% whatever settings or system u use, in msfs different situation, one core use more resource than other, but not 100%, or 100% with weak frequency of cpu or and ring i don’t know, but, when i used 4800/4500 config, one of cores use 100%, after up frequency cpu and cache, it use 90, this information is not obviously, as flight could be different and flight with more oc could be just more light for system, in any way, situation very similar was in p3d, some part of p3d use one core, and with heavy scenes, this core was bottleneck for gpu and other part of cpu, and with that situation you had very big performance’s hit…, new driver and new patch can or can not cross there, but certainly depend of system(hardware and or internet stability/speed)

OK, I will check this out. The deal with the LOD, seems more noticeable around Chicago. I think Chicago needs a clean up, the streets look pretty messy :laughing:

Charles

2 Likes

this everywhere, and was before in any massive places like nyc, la etc. i think any unrecognize object ai can generate as this, may be this is part of optimization, and for prevent it, need more video memory or drop down some settings

1 Like

Exactly the same problem I had, the driver only likes my HDMI cable and not my DVI cable. Charles

Also work OK with DisplayPort.

Yea, I meant to say display port :blush: I think it’s old age! Cheers! Charles

Does DDU wipe all the settings? I have a lot of settings changed (on per game level as well) in Nvidia Control Panel and GeForce Experience for instance and would not enjoy setting up everything again.

Yes DDU wipes all settings in the Nvidia control panel. And just using the clean install option when installing the driver does the same.

Inexplicably the system became unstable, after continuing CTD to the splash screen … Reinstalled NVidia Driver 452.06 … and everything ran smoothly.

There is a new release version of DDU 18.0.3.2 available from Guru3d. Charles

Another new version of DDU has been released overnight, you can get it here …

Charles

If you use this little stand-alone software program, keep it up-to-date. Always use in ‘Windows Safe Mode’

Been running the new driver set and have had no issues at all with it. 456 working great here with a GTX 1660.

TIP!

On the subject of drivers, don’t forget/neglect your sound card drivers and check out this amazing Dolby Atmos app from the Microsoft App’ Store …

Charles

1 Like