NEW Nvidia Drivers: GeForce WHQL 516.94 - Nvidia has issued a security warning for it's GPU drivers on 4/8/2022)

like stable versus beta tester :wink:

Rather than being lazy just go to Google and type in “studio v game ready”.

3 Likes

How is it lazy?

You’ve got new drivers being released almost every few weeks into a sim that can be terribly unstable for most folk.

You’ve got the two versions which you’ve told me to google, then you’ve got the optimised options, then you’ve got the experience app, then you’ve got the settings app and thats before you get to the multiple driver versions.

And I haven’t even started on the ingame options.

Its insane. I don’t want to have to spend my life tweaking for the best possible outcome, I just want to fly.

I installed the latest driver for the first time since I got my pc and the improvements were negligible to the point that was was wondering if it improved areas and weakend others. I ended up messing up my install and had to mess about for a few hours reinstalling be cause I couldn’t roll back.

1 Like

For my configuration PC, performance with new drivers a little bit better, but I skipped one generation driver (v.497.29).

Comparison drivers v496.76 vs v511.23:

6 Likes

In the time it took you to type that rant you could have googled it and found the answer. Hey ho

5 Likes

may I ask, how you connect your Quest 2 with MSFS?

I used VirtualDesktop but since this update (and the Win11 Update that landed this morning), it refuses to connect wit my PC - never had this issue before

Tried AirLink but not happy with the result and getting CTD after take-off every time

Hello Wined 2310,

What Quest 2?

I hope I have never said I own a Quest 2, otherwise I am definitely loosing it and will start to worry! :laughing:
I have a TrackIR which is all I need at the moment and have never experimented with VR. Hopefully someone else will have the answer for you in this forum. You might want to check this link below

BRGDS

Charles.

sorry, meant @benjit7 .

must have hit reply on wrng post

1 Like

I connect mine with the Link cable direct to the USB C port on my 2080ti. Other than the fact it makes me establish the link to the Oculus software twice for each new sim session, it has been flawless. I always turn my headset off when not in use, so it may have something to do with booting it up and pressing the Link button too early. Doesn’t bother me because it adds about an extra 5 seconds to getting into the Oculus desktop.

1 Like

I thought that might be the case, mistaken identity. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Cheers!

Charles.

A rant? ok.

Hardly sounded like a rant to me, he’s right in the time it took you to make that post you could of looked it up. Just as bad as the people that come on as say ’ hey new video driver is out, install it and tell me how it is.’ If you want to know how it is install it and then come tell the community how it is

3 Likes

Did you find something to temper this? I agree the white is super intense!

Yes, both. I didn’t mention, I’m on Windows 11 with HAGS enabled (as default in W11) Looks like the old bug is back again for me. HAGS off = seems fine. HAGS on = CTD. This problem seems to come and go with driver releases
 not sure how much of a difference this setting actually makes in FS2020, not much I don’t think. But annoying. The last time this happened was the recent driver that everyone complained about CTD’s - turning of HAGS actually resolved the issue that time to, but most just regressed the driver. Surprised it’s come back so soon!

Same exactly from my side. 511.23 HAGS on = CTD, HAGS off = OK, but no improvement in framerates vs. previous drivers, and a bit more stutters. Keeping 496.76.

1 Like

Strange - I’m on Win 11 as well. Glad you found the cause of the CTD though.

Performance was terrible. Wanted to go back to 497.09, but then read about “clean install” in the custom option here and deleting shaders. It did wonders!

Now the performance is really smooth. Noticeable increase in fps, no more stutters.

HAGS doesn’t work for me. I go from 35 fps to less than 25 and have stutters when panning my head set.

RTX3080, i9-11900, 64 GB RAM. OXR 70%, sim 100%.

511.17 with hags on was fine. 511.23 with hags on give me conatants ctds

I came to the same conclusion.

HAGS on was giving me CTDs every time soon after takeoff.
HAGS off, and I was able to fly for hours.

I assume this might be connected to my OC on the GPU, where HAGS would try to push the GPU over its maximum.
Maybe this is just a wrong assumption, but nevertheless with HAGS off I have no issues and my overclocked 3090 OC don’t really need any further acceleration anyway

my saver, i delete from first but even didn’t knew about second, now my ctd at airport select gone