New Nvidia Studio Drivers (not Game-Ready) have dropped! 517.40

So this note came out BEFORE the Studio driver came out; perhaps that means the Studio driver activates the fix?

Please note that our new memory allocator for DX12 on PC will only be activated for Nvidia graphic card users once the next driver is available (will improve performance). Other graphic cards already benefit from the new allocator.

No, I think It will need another little update from Asobo which they will do when the game ready driver is out.

Which we have no idea when that will be, right?

Correct, no idea.

the sad part is it seems like we will remember SU 10 with trees in the sky !

what a shame and misfortune it would be after such a long period of testing and showing effort so as to fix some of the everlasting glitches.

ok so nothing really changed for me with su10 as the new driver is still not availableā€¦ in the settings dx 12 also still says (beta) ā€¦ lol

Yes, it would appear the long-awaited and much-hyped SU10 has achieved very little. Quelle surprise.

It has an awfully long list of things in its release notes to achieve little.

It will remain in beta for quite some time.

Iā€™ve been flying SU10 since the first BETA and the sim has been on another level. Performance with DLSS in VR is night and day. Clouds are much improved. Many amazing updates under the hood and overall the sim is much more solid. Iā€™m not seeing any more CTDs.

SU10 for me has been the biggest step forward since the game launched back in 2020.

1 Like

Can the OP change the title as I think itā€™s causing way more confusion. The GR driver has not released (which is the version of Nvidia that 99.9% of gamers use)

1 Like

Unfortunately I havenā€™t shared that experience.

This topic is really confusing because nobody seems to know the facts of what we need. And are there actually benefits to using DX12 with the hypothetical new driver or not? We donā€™t even know that. Wish somebody from Asobo would clarify.

maybe next weekā€¦ hehe

So install the new driver, run the sim, and you tell usā€¦is it better or worse.

Test VRAM usage in the same conditions with the game ready and studio driver.

Unbenannt.PNG
just got this while loading up the sim with studio driver

The second big step will be the 4090, for those Who can afford it or those willing to sell their car

This was a problem for others in the Beta as well, guess it wasnt fixed ā€¦ Everytime Ive launched the game its been fine here,

awww manā€¦ here we go again. Im done for today :laughing: