New Nvidia Studio Drivers (not Game-Ready) have dropped! 517.40

It’s been a while, I wouldn’t use the term projections but yeah they weren’t actual trees. More like something one might see, I presume, I have never done so, after taking lots of mind altering substances.

2 Likes

Good interpretation of Jackson Pollock :joy:

2 Likes

So this SU10 is botched just before rollout because a lack of a new nVidia driver? Am I understanding that correctly?

That is unknown.

All the other fixes, etc. will be in it regardless.

This is all speculation of course, I think it could be classified as botch if the VRAM optimisation isn’t included because of no driver. I think many would agree, one of the top features of this update would be a working DX12. In fact, I have been on the beta and really don’t see any other improvements. If there is no optimisation and therefore no working DX12 from a personal level, this build will have zero difference to SU9.

The studio driver has the fix for MSFS, so no if what they’re telling is is true and you installed the latest studio driver you should be just fine.

3 Likes

What do you mean botched?

Delayed yes, but they announced that few weeks ago to tie in with the DLSS 2 performance issue.

But we can’t say yet whether Asobo have included the optimisation, they might not have due to lack of game ready driver.

Guess we’ll find out in about 17 min…are we there yet
are we there yet
are we there yet
good now 16 min … ;p

To be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t give information as to whether they have put it back in or not. It was in the first beta build hence the Elden trees without a fix in any nvidia driver.

The Studio driver has the fix! Don’t obsess over the Game Driver. The Studio driver has consistently been more stable and just as performant as the GR driver for Flight Simulator. Any incoming game ready driver might bring enhancement for other games, but it will not bring anything for Flight Simulator that isn’t in the studio driver.

3 Likes

Well… one would think that a driver that has a major fix for optimization/floating trees would be needed for a major game update.

But whatever, if it works it works. If it don’t, it don’t. See you all in the skies!

The fix is not the optimisation, that is on Asobo’s side. If there isn’t the fix for the trees in the Game Ready Driver, Asobo may have decided they can’t include the optimisation for fear of being criticised for the trees that will result.

Just to clarify, the driver, any driver, studio or game, does not have the optimisation in it. That will be from the sim, the drivers just contain a fix that stops artefacts if the optimisation is included in the sim.

1 Like

I don’t believe this is correct.

Why? Because if you turn on DX12 right now in the beta, the “Elden Trees” do not appear for nVidia users. Why? Because Asobo stripped out the optimization that was causing that to happen.

Therefore, the nVidia drivers alone are not the fix, because Asobo need to put the optimization back into the sim to take advantage of the driver fix for the “Elden Trees” the optimization causes.

@NixonRedgrave

You are correct, see my post above. Optimisation is in sim not driver. Without optimisation don’t need driver. With optimisation need driver.

No game ready driver =maybe Asobo decide no optimisation = many still not able to use DX12 =bad.

Yeo, exactly as I said. No VRAM optimisation as no driver. What a joke.

Read the release notes. Apparently, it is already in the sim, but is only activated when the new drivers are detected.

No, it says activated, I.e they will activate it when the driver is released. So we are still waiting for the game ready driver, even if have the studio.

Man, I think you’re right. I read that differently.

The communication here is mighty ridiculous.

So, are they not counting the Studio driver as a fix, then? Of course, you or I or anyone else cannot answer that for them. It would be “nice” if they would answer that for us in a clear fashion.

1 Like