New PC build, 13900K + RTX4090, dedicated for VR

Just pulled the trigger for a new PC build. Looking forward to the performance in VR.

• Intel Core i9-13900K Boxed
  • Gigabyte AORUS Z790 ELITE AX
  • MSI GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G
  • NZXT H7 Flow
  • NZXT Kraken Z73
  • NZXT F120Q, 120mm, 2x
  • G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB F5-5600J2834F32GX2-TZ5RK
  • be quiet! Dark Power 13 1000W
  • Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
3 Likes

That rig should to the VR trick…

Can you pull the trigger for me too? :pray: :wink: … Pleeeeeeze :heart_eyes:

1 Like

For us not up to speed folks on the parts, could tell us what the H7 Flow and the Kraken Z73 are, the rest of it I figured out.

What about this one? I do not think will save much money building my own versus buying one prebuilt:

AmazonSmile: Empowered PC Sentinel Gamer Desktop (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, Intel 24-Core i9-13900KF Processor, 64GB DDR5 RAM, 2TB NVMe SSD + 6TB HDD, AC WiFi, Windows 11 Home) Gaming Tower Computer : Everything Else

I have experience with the company and they have excellent customer service years after the sale. I am also looking at ASUS as well, but they have not quite gotten there yet. Sometime this year.

Why 5600 speed instead of 6000 on the memory?

The H7 flow is the case and the Kraken Z73 is watercooling for the CPU.

The i9 13900k only supports up to 5600.

zoom zoom gotta love it

Got it. Thanks!

Thank you, will investigate, but believe will be within several hundred dollars between building vs purchasing, and I get warranty, so manfacturer has to fix it. If I build it, I have to deal with all the vendors and main parts companies, too old to do that and keep rest of my hair.

Have fun, it sounds excellent.

1 Like

That’s just the default max speed. Simply selecting an XMP profile in BIOS is enough to get faster RAM working at its rated speed.

1 Like

I aways think there’s an element of pot luck with bought PC’s, some manufacturers match parts perfectly while others pretty much use whatever’s available at least cost. Usually that’s ok, they will all work out of the box, it’s only when you try to tune your performance that you get to notice exactly what they’ve scimpt on. Usual suspects are mainboard, PSU, cooling and ram and often the cases look nice in the pictures but are really cheap and nasty once unpacked

1 Like

Well like anything else, you research what products being used, and if you do not like them, you find someone else. Not fan of MSI motherboards, but no specific reason not to use one. ASUS build quality is excellent, but do not think they are going to have anything ready till summer, which is fine, as have other priorities currently. Hoping prices come down. Faint hope.

Of course and I’m sure you do check, it was more generally. Not sure why you don’t like MSI though, I’ve been building PC’s for myself and others exclusively with their motherboards for years. They are always solid using industry best components and usually have ideal slot placement compared to several other makes (I’m looking at you Asrock). IMO only Asus’s top end overclockers are worth the money they charge.

Very nice PC! My only thought is the 6TB HDD is absolutely huge and may be overkill if you do not have something specific you want to use all that disk space for. Keep in mind that you’ll need something equally huge to back it up to :thinking:.

I have this configuration and it runns quite well in VR:

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO​

Intel Core i9-12900K​

Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid​

Kingston FURY Beast RGB 2x32 GB​

KFA2 RTX3090Ti EX Gamer OC GDDR6X HDMI 3xDP​

Kingston FURY Renegade 2TB​

Kingston FURY Renegade 1TB​

StarTech 7 Port SuperSpeed USB 3.0 PCIe Card​

ASUS ROG Thor 1200P​

This. I’m running DDR5-6200 with a 13900K and using the XMP profile to drive it at that speed.

You shot your computer? Does it still run?

which brand are you going to get?

Nice, i got 13700K + 4090 but DDR4. Mine is a killer and suddenly MFS2020 works totally perfect. Your machine is a little step further :slight_smile: Congrats!