New Propeller | CFD | Soft Body Simulation - Aircraft List

I just bought the bundle of the Black Square Baron (0.1.0), and Bonanza (0.1.1)

I ran my script, and determined that the Baron does not use NPS, but confirmed the Bonanza does.

There is no “pop_use_modern” in place for the Baron version 0.1.0.

Plane Model NPS CFD SBS
bksq-aircraft-analogbaron bksq-aircraft-analogbaron
bksq-aircraft-analogbaron bksq-aircraft-analogbaronturbo
bksq-aircraft-analogbonanza bksq-aircraft-analogbonanza 1 1
bksq-aircraft-analogbonanza bksq-aircraft-analogbonanzatanks 1 1
bksq-aircraft-analogbonanza bksq-aircraft-analogbonanzaturbo 1 1
1 Like

Ok that’s weird, because after asking the Dev’s themselves gave me the information (through a 3rd person) that it will use both CFD + NPS.

But if ‘‘prop_mod_use_modern’’ is not listed, then it clearly doesn’t… thanks for the update, I changed it!

If you look at the “engines.cfg” for both those new planes:

Bonanza
[PROPELLER]
thrust_scalar = 1.3
propeller_type = 0
propeller_diameter = 6.7
propeller_blades = 3
propeller_moi = 5.5
prop_mod_use_modern = 1
prop_mod_use_absorbed_torque = 1
prop_mod_aspect_ratio = 7
prop_mod_lift_slope_cf = 3.15
prop_mod_aoa_twist_delta_deg = 6

Baron
[PROPELLER]
thrust_scalar = 1.0
propeller_type = 0
propeller_diameter = 6.33
propeller_blades = 3
propeller_moi = 5.5
use_propeller_rpm = 1;
beta_max = 55.0
beta_min = 15.2
min_gov_rpm = 0
prop_tc = 0.1
gear_reduction_ratio = 1
fixed_pitch_beta = 0

The only “use” variable I can find is “use_propeller_rpm = 1;” in the Baron.

1 Like

Will the upcoming ATR by Hans Hartmann use CFD and the other two goodies?

I sadly don’t know, only the devs can tell.

We can only ask them and if we are lucky they answer and otherwise we have to wait until they are released and then check the files.

This list depends on the community, lot’s of aircraft are still not listed, because it’s not possible own everything and we have to be lucky if somebody sees this thread and actually shares the data. :slight_smile:

It would be so much easier if every developer would simply list these features. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

BlackSquare Baron also doesn’t use CFD according to your script?
Wow, then they told something completely wrong,
I deleted it from the list.

Greetings -

latest release (v1.0.2) of Nemeth Designs Partenavia P68B Victor is now featuring NPS, CFD and Adverse Yaw (ailerons drag coefficients have different values for -up and -down position).

IMHO the aircraft flight model has been definitely improved with this release.

1 Like

@FivePeach767757 Did you check CFD in the flightmodel.cfg and NPS in the engine.cfg?

If you want to share the Adverse Yaw values, that could be done here:

Thank you very much for the report :slight_smile:

1 Like

Indeed, I confirm CFD entries are in the flightmodel.cfg and NPS definition is in the engine.cfg

Will share the Adverse Yaw values in the appropriate thread
Cheers

1 Like

Thank you very much, added
Nemeth Designs - Partenavia P68B Victor: NPS + CFD

1 Like

I will ask Nick (black square dev) some clarification and if this is intended maybe just a missed

3 Likes

just to confirm that it was a mistake due to inattention on the developer’s part, it will be corrected in the next update :wink: if people want to get the NPS works ASAP in the Baron, I recommend to give a try to JayDee’s beta flightmodel wich includ this prop mod specific line

2 Likes

Update

added:

• WB-Sim & JPL - Cessna 152 improvement mod: NPS + CFD + SBS

free download: https://simdoc.eu/

2 Likes

Greetings -

bought the Norseman by Big Radials, I can confirm that indeed it features CFD in the flightmodel.cfg and NPS in the engine.cfg

Fuselage rigidity parameter in flightmodel.cfg is excluded by “ ; “ then I think Soft Body Simulation is not included

IMHO the behaviour in flight of the Norseman is very convincing

4 Likes

Perfect, thank you very much for the infos!

Ok, when there is no number before that ‘’ ; ‘’ , then the aircraft doesn’t use SBS.
It would look like this for example:
fuselage_rigidity = 20 ;

also sometimes the aircraft has more versions ‘‘wheels, floats’’, that could be the case with the Norseman.

Hey, could you also ask them about their approach to ground handling? The values they use for zero crosswind effect seem really high.

I guess it because people was complaining about the difficulties to handle on ground with wind, maybe I m wrong, best way is go to the JayDee’s discord and ask him there, he s probably the best one to give you answer on this matter

Yes, I’m the OP and keeper of the ground handling variable list and just noticed that BS had used some very high values compared to others devs. See here for more. Ground Handling | List of aircraft wheel friction values - #52 by AlpineB4652

I’m on the JD Discord so will drop a note there.

2 Likes

I just put in CFD_EnableSimulation = 1 and prop_mod_use_modern = 1 in flight_model.cfg and engines.cfg of default TBM930. Does this mean I have enabled CFD and NPS from my end and the aircraft would behave in a more realistic manner?

I’m pretty sure it’s not that simple. If it were everyone would just it on. Other factors would need to be adjusted to go with it.