NEW RELEASE: Aeroplane Heaven Lockheed Electra 10-A

doesn’t it give the artist community of painters something to do?

no one can make everything to everyone’s preference after all - can they

1 Like

In theory but most repainters (understandably) focus on the exterior livery. I will say the few repaints I’ve downloaded that include altered interior textures, even if it’s just recoloring the upholstery, I always appreciate the extra effort though.

1 Like

I agree. I’m extremely devoted to the DC-6, and I’d argue that it’s by some margin the best add-on to date for MSFS. But it’s a very formal, procedural airplane. Even if you’re using the AFE, which I do, it requires planning and operational discipline to get it to arrive at altitude and on speed for an approach. That’s a big part of the reward for mastering it, but there are plenty of nights when I’m not up for all that, and I don’t fly it as much as I’d like to as a result.

I think as things evolve, I’m going to wind up getting more use out of more seat-of-the-pants airplanes like the Electra, the DC-3 and the Twin Otter. Not that those aren’t serious - but you can get them off the ground with less planning, and have the option of, say, scrubbing off speed with a couple of S-turns if you arrive high and hot. I’m also looking forward to some future period airport add-on, where you can overfly the field to see if the station manager has raised the flag to ask you to stop.

At the end of the day it’ll be nice when we have all of the above, of course, and the choice of what tonight’s flight is going to consist of.

7 Likes

This is good - I have practically all of their stuff for previous sims - those they released and those done for Just Flight, and the Electra was a favourite - their DC-3 was good, but the VC,whilst probably accurate, didn’t look as convincing.

I find that a lot of their VCs have this cartoon-like appearance, hard to explain, but they don’t look like real ones would. There were exceptions like the L10A and their awesome B-17, but many did have this appearance (HS748 and BAC 1-11 were major offenders, especially when compared to the freeware models by Rick Piper and Dave Maltby respectively).

Will still buy their releases without hesitation, though, cos everything else is great and the VCs textures are within the acceptable range.

Yea that’s a good point but honestly I’m not that much into the vintage aircraft, but would like just one to try out and bring back some vibes from the 90’s MSFS doing VOR navigation and such. I wouldn’t want to spend too much time having to learn all new systems and thats one of the main reason’s I didn’t pull the trigger on the DC-6.

@MiddcoreGaming That’s a big reason why I would probably choose this over the DC-6. I would have most likely bought the Junkers but until the Marketplace issues get fixed I won’t buy products from there. I may end up getting the Electra and decide I want to buy the other ones in the end though. I’m just one of those boring magenta line chasers in the CRJ and 737 when it finally shows up. :smile:

1 Like

When I was messing with conversions I tested their Electra in this sim - looked great (but of course no VC switch interaction and no props):

1 Like

They keep announcing newer projects - and I usually like their choice of aircraft - but I do wonder what has been happening with their Caravelle though…

1 Like

It is a tricky double blind shell game to fool Carenado who seem to pop out a new release just that tiny bit before someone else brings a similar product out (pa28, c170/c140) :wink: They are clearly working on at least one of these newly announced projects - but which particular one? No one knows.

2 Likes

Now this is exciting news! Certainly a contender for an aircraft to make a round the world tour that I’ve been putting off until a suitable steed was available!

3 Likes

Oh I’ve just seen the promo video features a ZK- NZ livery. I’m sold!

1 Like

This is an absolutely beautiful plane for sure, but I for one am holding out hope that they will make a modified 10-E version as it was used for Amelia Earhart’s around-the-world attempt. I am well aware that the “A” version was the Electra made in greatest numbers and used commercially, but for impact in the aviation community and indeed the world, I can’t understand how you make a 10-A and don’t take the opportunity to include the modified 10-E.

Forgive my ignorance on this subject, but if Aeroplane Heaven won’t do it, is it possible for the community to (legally) modify the engine power and fuel capacity to bring the aircraft up to Earhart’s 10-E specs? I can forgo the correct windowless cabin filled with fuel tanks as long as we can get the specs right.

Again, I’m not attacking anyone here. This is just a very passionate subject for me, and it’s such a no brainer (to me) that I have trouble understanding. As far as the 10-A goes, the DC-3 will fill that role for my limited budget, so if we can’t adjust the specs then I will likely have to pass on this. Seems like a massive missed opportunity to me.

Heck, announce a project doing the modified 10-E and period-specific scenery for every stop along Earhart’s A-T-W flight plan and I’d pay double. Wishful thinking, I know, but it sort of boggles my mind that one of the more important aircraft in aviation history keeps getting ignored.

3 Likes

That video was surprisingly unprofessional. Very keen on this plane, regardless!

2 Likes

I would much rather have a closeup look at the aircraft and its features narrated in a conversational tone than a “professionally” produced whiz-bang hype video with nothing but glamour-shot flybys set to music.

5 Likes

Was thinking the same, would be great to have the long range cruising ability and fuel tank indicators that match the increased capacity!

2 Likes

Wow, 32 bucks! I am in.

When they said out soon… they meant it. It’s available now to purchase on the AH site! JustFlight and other storefronts coming later it looks like.

1 Like

What’s wrong with this view? Looks fantastic to me. Individual rivets and all!

Oh wow… Gonna go buy it now!
Edit: Bought on SimMarket. I like having my downloads available. I wish they gave you access to My Account page on their site so that you could download your purchases. I bought the C140 from them directly, but… this time out it’s SimMarket. Sorry, guys.

1 Like

Anyone have luck with the autopilot? I can’t seem to figure it out, either with the Sperry version or the Modern touch screen gps version. Neither will engage. The flaps indicator is also not working for me. The manual is lite on information.

Oops, I missed this earlier thread and started another one. Maybe a mod will merge mine into this one, but for anyone curious I gave my thoughts over here: [RELEASED] Aeroplane Heaven Electra 10A - Third Party Addon Discussion / Aircraft - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like