New Release: Aerosoft Bombardier CRJ 550/700

Who came up with using reversed (On/Off state) buttons? It’s like driving with the steering wheel on the right side. :upside_down_face: :roll_eyes:

The correct side I’m sure you’ll find :grin:

3 Likes

hey could you post your exact fps in the CRJ. my system is on par with yours however I get a LOT LESS fps in the CRJ compared to A320NX

I’m underwhelmed with the perfomance so far
CRJ FPS: 30
A320NX FPS: 45

CPU:5600x
GPU:3060ti
RAM:16GB

I am getting about 30 on the ground in a payware custom airport. Once ready to go, about 25 or so… On takeoff it can dip to about 20, but it’s still doable. It would be better with a default airport. 30 FPS is pretty good for running this sim on everything Ultra with my specs. I have NO issues with 30.

Yeah, 30fps is very reasonable, I was just expecting more, as I get more in the A320NX. Maybe the FBW team is just that better at optimizing than Aerosoft…

I wonder if its possible to reduce the glass instrument refresh rate. I have it set to low but the displays are clearly set at a much higher refresh rate. I think it would really help as im severly main thread limited and fps is in the toilet. I dont get this low performance in other airliners.

Does anybody know if it is possible to turn this aircraft to AI traffic at airports?

And is it possible to customize camera freely as Asobo A320neo?

Now, this is very interesting, I am running on Medium Glass Refresh Rate and it works really well in FBW A320nx. I wonder what the CRJ fps would be if the glass screens were refreshed less often, or maybe the FBW team is just so good at optimizing.

Considering the CRJ devs said we would get ~12 fps less than the 320 it sounds odd that some are getting no hit at all.

My hit is around 11 fps so it is in the ballpark of what the devs expected.

@BostonJeremy77 can you, or for that matter anyone who happens to read this, confirm that it works properly in VR? If you’re not absolutely sure what I mean, but you own a G2 headset and this aircraft, please reach out to me, I can talk you through it in about 4 minutes, and that will answer my question definitively.

Thanks!
KKT

There’s a flex temp setting, is that what you’re referring?

The Aerosoft devs said if you’re only wanting this for VR, now is not the time to get it.

yeah, that’s what i’m talking about

Unfortunately, I don’t own any VR equipment - just no interest in it whatsoever. But I did read a bunch of people were able to use it in VR with no problems.

I can confirm that changing the instrument refresh rate from low to high has no effect on the fps, so i think its broken. From low-high usually has about 15 fps difference for me.

My 2 cents that no one asked for.

FINALLY!!! We have another airliner that is awesome (the FBW mod for A320 is the other one). I’ve waited months and months to fly something else. THANK YOU AEROSOFT – it’s truly legit. Spent half the day going through the manuals and tutorials and have finished 3 flights w/ zero issues.

Now if only Working Title/FBW/Aerosoft could quickly implement a better 787 or 737 or A380 in the next month, I’d be ecstatic. lol

3 Likes

You’re not happy with 30 FPS? This is a flight sim, by the way. :wink:

1 Like

where do you set the flex temp?

of course im happy, just wasnt expecting SUCH A MASSIVE FPS DROP compared to the FBW A320nx. but it could be related to the glass cockpits refresh rate option not working properly so I’m hoping that could help the fps a bit…

1 Like

It appears to run OK in VR, but there is an issue with adjusting controls that you aren’t looking at. The mouse cursor appears to follow you gaze, so it won’t stay on the knob, to allow you to adjust the value.

For example, when trying to adjust the destination airport elevation, with the knob on the cabin pressure section, right at the top of the overhead panel. The value that you are trying to adjust is visible on the MFD, which means that you need to either have eyes that are capable of looking in two different directions at once, or be able to adjust a control knob while what your are looking at gets amended .