New Release: BRSim ERCO Ercoupe 415C

Have been meaning to pick this up for a while now , and glad i finally did . What a super little aircraft !!

3 Likes

Looks beautiful, Iā€™m disappointed they didnā€™t simulate the yoke-rudder linkage, seems you still need to use pedals to steer on the ground?

Yes , need to use the rudder pedals ( didnā€™t really bug me , if Iā€™m honest . Love the aesthetics + flight characteristics of the aircraft , but I can understand where youā€™re coming from as regards irl ) .

Fantastic for VFR / sightseeing . Low and slow !! :grin:

1 Like

Is it still possible to bring up the tablet in the latest update? Canā€™t find a clickspot to make it reappear anywhereā€¦

Tablet located on seat , click on power button . :+1:

2 Likes

Anybody have any suggestions regarding alternative Liveries for the Ercoupe?
Weā€™ve checked Flightsim to and Flightsim.Com but canā€™t find any.
Regards.

I did two so far:
N4938H (0008) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

erc2 (0003) by JanKees Blom, on Flickr

3 Likes

ā€œdrag_coef_gear =0.01
cruise_lift_scalar =1
parasite_drag_scalar =0.8
induced_drag_scalar =1.2
wingflex_scalar=1ā€

This works perfectly! It fixes the issue of the aircraft being able to glide forever, and also makes the aircraft stop within a reasonable distance on the runway. Before this, I was running out of runway even at large airports - my speed just would not come down unless I jammed on the brakes.

1 Like

Thanks JK, the Ercoupe kinda slipped under the radar liveries wise.

Any chance of a redo of some of the USAAC blue and gold liveries? This thing looks too much like a B-25 to not look good in those pre-war schemes! :saluting_face:

2 Likes

well - I tried to let that comparison slideā€¦I really did - but

Thereā€™s that one feature I guessā€¦

However along with a few other glaring differences - Itā€™s got Big Radials - not that that means anything

1 Like

The tails are enough. Considering how many real world Ercoupes are painted up in WWII colors, Iā€™m guessing Iā€™m not the only one.

But thanks for your input.

3 Likes

I agree with you and those schemes look great on the little Erco - I just really wanted to post a picture of the B25 we still donā€™t have in MSFSā€¦and Iā€™m prolly also guilty of needling Big Radials for not having gotten this done already. Maybe theyā€™re just skeered they canā€™t pull it off? Dunno

1 Like

Iā€™m with ya! Iā€™d love to see a B-25!

1 Like

Right? meantime though this BRSim cloudhopper is a lot of fun and a nice flyer (modded or not)

1 Like