New Release: Carenado Cessna C170B

Interesting choice for the next one. I am sure it will be pretty good. Just not sure I am jumping for joy at this aircraft choice. Some nice pics from their FB (Image Credit: Carenado)

10 Likes

Looks very nice.

2 Likes

I would have loved for their Short S60 to be next. But this will do, I guess. Their stuff always looks top notch and sometimes surprises me on how well it flies.

6 Likes

I had their Cessna170 in FSX . Enjoyed it much.

3 Likes

Throw some heavy duty tundra tires on…and those bush trips are so much more enjoyable

1 Like

I was hoping for C185. The graphics though!! Carenado planes really do look gorgeous!

4 Likes

Delightful.

I hope Asobo does something with how the aircraft are displayed as it’s getting very long in the scrolling department with all the planes I’m adding.

7 Likes

You tell me! :wink: I got 97 right now.

4 Likes

Some historical context for you Doc. You may feel a bit more of an affinity for this aircraft when you remember the L19 Bird Dog was developed from it. Big clue, look at the shape of the tail fin.

3 Likes

I actually wanted to put this on the Asobo wishlist … an option to assign your own filters to each aircraft. You name the filter and assign those custom filters to each aircraft. I want my “pre-war era”, “50-60s”, “bush plane” and so on filters.

2 Likes

CT210M CENTURION II would have been better for me! I have no interest in the 170.

6 Likes

Would’ve preferred the Cessna 190, I don’t think there’s enough different about this aircraft to tempt me into a purchase.

2 Likes

Not what I would have chosen either, we already have tons of taildragger singles (other than biplanes, which I am really looking forward to the Stearman from DC Designs), but apparently somebody at Carenado had a grandpa who flew a 170, so I’ll give them that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wouldn’t mind Carenado bringing their Alabeo branded Beechcraft Staggerwing over to MSFS. Very beautiful plane and I had fun with it in FSX.

2 Likes

Still looking forward to the day when these established developers have run out of existing products from old sims to “port” across.

2 Likes

Yes, more Filteroptions would be great.

I’m not going to get them either, the Carenados are all pretty much alike. I would have been looking forward to a C210 …

2 Likes

Looks good as per Carenado standards and will probably fly nicely, if the Mooney and the Waco are anything to go by.
I’m just wondering if I need another Cessna in my simulator so I’m inclined to pass on this one.
Wish they’d port some of their bizjets/small airliners.

4 Likes

Or C421 or C441 if they want to bring us a Cessna…

6 Likes

So am I right in thinking the C170B is pretty close to a 4-seat civillian version of the Bird Dog ?

1 Like

Yes exactly. That sounds great!

1 Like