New Release: Carenado Cessna C170B

Interesting choice for the next one. I am sure it will be pretty good. Just not sure I am jumping for joy at this aircraft choice. Some nice pics from their FB (Image Credit: Carenado)

11 Likes

Looks very nice.

2 Likes

I would have loved for their Short S60 to be next. But this will do, I guess. Their stuff always looks top notch and sometimes surprises me on how well it flies.

6 Likes

I had their Cessna170 in FSX . Enjoyed it much.

4 Likes

Throw some heavy duty tundra tires on…and those bush trips are so much more enjoyable

1 Like

I was hoping for C185. The graphics though!! Carenado planes really do look gorgeous!

4 Likes

Delightful.

I hope Asobo does something with how the aircraft are displayed as it’s getting very long in the scrolling department with all the planes I’m adding.

7 Likes

You tell me! :wink: I got 97 right now.

4 Likes

Some historical context for you Doc. You may feel a bit more of an affinity for this aircraft when you remember the L19 Bird Dog was developed from it. Big clue, look at the shape of the tail fin.

3 Likes

I actually wanted to put this on the Asobo wishlist … an option to assign your own filters to each aircraft. You name the filter and assign those custom filters to each aircraft. I want my “pre-war era”, “50-60s”, “bush plane” and so on filters.

2 Likes

CT210M CENTURION II would have been better for me! I have no interest in the 170.

6 Likes

Would’ve preferred the Cessna 190, I don’t think there’s enough different about this aircraft to tempt me into a purchase.

2 Likes

Not what I would have chosen either, we already have tons of taildragger singles (other than biplanes, which I am really looking forward to the Stearman from DC Designs), but apparently somebody at Carenado had a grandpa who flew a 170, so I’ll give them that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wouldn’t mind Carenado bringing their Alabeo branded Beechcraft Staggerwing over to MSFS. Very beautiful plane and I had fun with it in FSX.

2 Likes

Still looking forward to the day when these established developers have run out of existing products from old sims to “port” across.

2 Likes

Looks good as per Carenado standards and will probably fly nicely, if the Mooney and the Waco are anything to go by.
I’m just wondering if I need another Cessna in my simulator so I’m inclined to pass on this one.
Wish they’d port some of their bizjets/small airliners.

5 Likes

Or C421 or C441 if they want to bring us a Cessna…

7 Likes

So am I right in thinking the C170B is pretty close to a 4-seat civillian version of the Bird Dog ?

2 Likes

Yes exactly. That sounds great!

1 Like

It looks pretty, but I don’t think I will buy many more sim-lite planes.

Having said that, the external shot where you can see hundreds of little dents in the metal is absolutely remarkable. Hopefully this becomes standard in MSFS.

Maybe I’d buy this one just for the looks.

2 Likes