New Release: Carenado Piper PA-34 Seneca V

Thanks, good info. The OEM Citation CRJ (not the WT mod) also shows no glide path indications for RNAV approaches - would that be a defect in both, or is it how it actually works in those two real-life aircraft? Most if not all of the other A/C I’ve flown a lot give you the full ILS-type indications for RNAV approaches. (I have no idea if that’s normal or not, it might be unrealistic for those planes.)

1 Like

I really don’t know if it’s a bug or accurate.

As a non-pilot it does seem really odd NOT to display the vertical component of an RNAV approach on the instruments (assuming the approach actually has a vertical component and isn’t just LNAV) but I may well be missing something.

@Carenado please start to take much more effort in real sound implementation and don’t put the same 550IO samples in each new released aircraft and say all sounds are unique. That’s not 100% true. With the latest release of the Seneca V the inside cockpit / outside twin engine sound experience sounds are so unrealistic compared to the the real Seneca V. Till 50% throttle I am with you but after 50% the cockpit/outside engine sounds get crazy. It sounds like 4000 RPM.

For those with none RLP experience it’s easy to compare via YouTube.

This sound miss matches i recognized earlier first with the release of the Ovation then PA44 and now with the Seneca V. All inside and outside full throttle engine sounds don’t sound like IRL.

Please take the full range that WWISE gave you regarding sound development.

Just Flight has shown the potential of WWISE with the Piper Arrow. Respect. They implemented also the sound of whistling drag of the frame while in slow flight and gear down with throttle idle. Really cool. That’s next level. Also the inside sound is what is recorded. 100% match.

Hard words, no : I only want a sound experience as real as at time is possible. Also I don’t want the same headaches with upcoming new releases.

Maybe we get a new product segment:
Study Level Sound Experience. Joke.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that in other Carenado aircraft as well…Mooney, Cessna 182. Even in level flight. Used to make me nervous thinking the sim was about to crash. No CTDs, so I’ve just gotten used to it. I might open a ticket on this…maybe they can fix it. It is annoying.

A post was split to a new topic: COC Violation: Solicitation of Voting - WxMarc

I recently purchased the Seneca V, and I’ve been testing it out this week. I referred to the POH linked above in this thread and took the plane on a couple of flights. Overall, I’m enjoying this. The main drawback I’ve found is that the mixture behavior suffers from the same problem as other turbocharged aircraft in the sim: if the mixture is left at full-rich during the climb (which is recommended by the POH), the engine loses power with altitude, and fuel flow drops significantly with altitude. This appears to be a bug in the core logic for mixture in turbocharged engines. I’ve created a bug report describing the problem in more detail here:

what about the hud? that work?

Huh? What HUD?

It’s not a HUD, that’s the heating plate for the windshield

1 Like

Am I the Only Person on here that can’t get the PA 34 to work at all. Like I purchased it from the Market place and get no support at all from anyone they just point fingers at each other and say go there. Carenado so go to the Zendesk and Zendesk says go to Carenado hmmmmm.

We anyway the Aircraft just sets dead. I’ve watch several YouTubers and least 5 and they have no issues I followed them to the T. I"ve tried the Ctrl E, the Alt V from carenado site. I hear switches work when I turn on the Battery I hear the Avionics Fan. But I Do Not hear the Fuel Pump sounds nor the Engine Start turnover. I even tried to Strat with the Aircarft on the runway ready for take off and its dead. I’ve uninstalled 5 times. I checked My anti-virus and turned it off and the Fire wall before downloading it. By the way I’m not a new comer I’ve been simming for over 21 years flying the most complicated aircraft as possible.

There is no support for the Market place and they won’t give your money back they just want to steal it I guess…Absolutely Zero Customer Service for the Market Place.

Are you sure don’t have any controller input mapped to something that would cause ignition problems ? Like a magneto or starter switch ?
Did you have any mods ? Like gns530/gtn750 ?

GNS530 mod Using Honeycomb controls All. It’s like a dead Battery

I have a Honeycomb throttle and yoke, gns530 mod and the seneca but I don’t have any issue with it starting cold and dark.

When you start on the runway does it drop dead as well ? Can you try it without your honeycomb controls and just start with keyboad and mouse clicking to start it ?

Yes completly dead but do have some power. Im wondering if its an Lic issue

Carenado had me to delete every file I could find and reinstalled and seems to work now.

Thanks Scooter

1 Like

I seem to have the same problem as you do. I purchased the Carenado PA34 just last night and made the mistake of trying to use it while a friend was kind enough to help me get set up for multiplayer flying and everytime I chose the PA34 (in VR, have not tried it outside of VR and it don’t matter i need it IN VR) as soon as I was on the runway in it, all alarm bells were sounding off and annoying as heck, and each time I clicked on fly, it crashed my MSFS 2020 program to the desktop. Steam was still running, but no msfs.
So far, after at least 10 tries that is as far as I have got!!
After seeing your remarks on how poorly Carenado has been about helping you with your issues, I think I will not be spending any more $$$ on any of their planes…I’m hoping there is a fix out there somewhere. My sim runs fine when i choose a different plane!!!
My system is pretty new, it has an i7 10700k cpu, 3070 gpu, 32gb ram, and programs are on nvme drives. Any help or point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!
thank you!

Ah I just saw this reply you made! But I am not sure exactly what files you mean when you say “Carenado had me to delete every file I could find and reinstalled and seems to work now.” Are you talking about taking all files out of the Community folder??? Or something else? Thanks for any additional info you can give me!

They just wanted to make sure it wasn’t a bad install. The short story was I’m running FSUIPC 7. It does not like that. In fact if I dont Right Click the App and run as Admin it does not work properly. Other than that it works good now.

Scooter

Yes that is one fine plane, a replacer for Baron and King Air.
Plus I have seen that the Garmin 750 is usable just like in the Mooney.
The cockpit looks fantastic and just like the Mooney M20 it gives off some old comfy chair like chilled seventies mood and flair.
Very detailed and beautyful plane.
The only negative point is the very very limited view outside (downwards view to the side and sideway/forward blocked by the wings and engines, and the view forward is heavily limited by the low roof top.)
But this is related to the construction of the airplane.

I love these Knight Rider`esque late seventies till end early nineties cockpit-style-red-digital-numbers to show interesting technical data like temp ampere volts outside temperature and stuff:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/uploads/default/original/4X/7/b/8/7b814c8b576876960a808dcabebe27dc1d9f26bc.jpeg

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/uploads/default/original/4X/8/1/1/811874551a101ff68f5ba10d9b0842571a868108.jpeg

Is the de-icing device functioning properly and in a realistic which means all cockpit glasses are fully icing over except the area around this heating panel on the front window?

2 Likes

My situation was really weird, I tried removing everything from my community folder, that didn’t help, put everything back in and moved on for awhile, came back another time and now it seems to be working ok! Aside from a few odd things I noticed while flying it in a group flight the other day, while lowering flaps, the flaps did not appear to go down when I checked by looking out to see the right wing or left wing they appeared to be up all the way, I also get some weird info in my flight plans instead of saying one airport to the next it inserts something like “Timeclimb” , very odd. Thanks for the info and glad yours is working fine!