New Release: EA-7 Edgley Optica (ORBX)

Here’s another report to confirm it does pull to the left, and I’m not hearing switch sounds in the cockpit. Otherwise already loving it for low and slow sightseeing.

1 Like

I’ll get back to you one some of these.

I’ll try again at 60.

For the wind, I don’t think live weather ever gusts.

I hand adjusted the ballast to be dead centre, between the fore/aft lines.

Fuel was almost certain off balance, as I had drained the left tank, and switched to the right.

For the crosswinds, I think when I noticed it was crabbing away from the wind, the crosswind was coming from behind. I don’t think I’ve ever noticed that before in any other plane. When it was from in front of me, the nose did seem to crab into the wind, as expected.

About to do a go around at S45 after coming in too high.
With the Helicopter style front dashboard there is certainly an expanded field of view when looking forward.
Interesting aircraft, reminds me very much of an insect, but I can’t figure out which, yet.
TG

1 Like

A couple of observations after several flights.
With the C of G dead in the middle of fore & aft limits I am finding I am holding in back stick to keep the nose up to fly straight & level.
It does, for me, float on landing, particularly with full flap out.
TG

1 Like

From what I’ve read so far it seems there are too many problems with this, the freeware version is better. Correct?

1 Like

I bought this, and I like it well enough, but it’s not any better than the free one on the .to.

1 Like

Mostly minor problems that it sounds like they’re already working on. The free one is nice but way over-powered and while it does look good the Orbx one is a definite step up in visual quality.

2 Likes

No its only some having the pull to the left, and being pay ware there is an expectation things will be fixed. This is not to knock the freeware version, because that’s great. Others have covered the difference.

The only question mark I have, is how long till the minor issues get fixed?

Two minor points -

If it’s only some having the pull to the left, then presumably it must be the setup that only some have on their PCs? As far as I am aware, it is impossible to make one set of files have half the people fly straight but the other half fly wonky by design.

Your ‘only question mark’ is a reasonable comment but may look a bit premature as it is only about twelve hours since release and one of the devs already appears to have been fairly active and interacting with people / collecting data which I would guess is not just for fun?

1 Like

Playing Eye Spy with the Orbyx Optica

1 Like

It seems like the plane is very sensitive to weight imbalance laterally . With just a 170lb pilot it banks heavily to the left. Less so but still the same with pilot/copilot. With 170 lb and 170 lb passenger it very slowly banks to the right.

It’s like there’s no roll axis stability at all, it looks like the wings have a bit of dihedral so I would think it should be more stable.

I dont expect fixes on the weekend, but if the flight model is a bit wonky then I would expect a fix by end of next week. I wasn’t being rude or sarcastic, I was just saying what I think. Also I dont think it is fair to compare free/Payware for many reasons. Both are happy in my hanger.

I think you have taken what I have said out of context? I did not imply the devs are here for fun!! I dont think I said anything out of turn, so I dont get the passive aggressive tone? I am having issues, other’s are not, My first point of call was ask to for help! Do you see me demanding anything?

1 Like

Oh the joys of trying to understand text, which has so little context that pretty much anything can be read into it which was not intended!

I’ve only read some of the thread, because the aircraft interests me. I responded purely to that one post, which did not include a request for help, I simply looked at the points held within that post:

My point was, if only some are having it (so it is likely their setup), how can the developer fix it?

I made no comment about this

As I said, “a reasonable comment” but I think it is one which could be asked more directly in a response to the active developer.

I don’t deal with modern terms such as ‘passive aggressive’, I talk how I talk, and I tend to type that way. I hope others do the same, no hidden agendas and there was nothing intended to be insulting in anything I wrote. The final sentence was a poor attempt at irony, nothing more.

2 Likes

Some look closer than others.

1 Like

Well if you had read the posts, you will see, I have said:
Control issues, are probably my own short comings
Others have said they have the issue, others have said its fine, I have not asked the dev to fix it, I have said IF the flight model is wonky, but there are other fixes, minor things other have pointed out, if you look over the thread you will see. As with any add-on, this is OrbX’s first aircraft, I hope that fixes are timely, but I am not demanding them on a time frame, just hoping they are, that’s all.

I agree its odd that some have the issue of left banking and some dont, that is also why if you look up a bit you will see is said:
Given that nobody else is having the pull to the left issue, can anyone help me out on this.

Now we see other’s are having the issue, but I have not put this on the dev, but maybe they could have a look?.. So I guess lesson learned today… is to read it all before jumping to conclusions and it might become clear, I am guilty of this too, and I am not being smart.

1 Like

Try calibrating your rudder (full left then full right). If you don’t experience any changes, set your TCA Airbus profile to default and try it.

That’s a great idea to use another thread for comparing the freeware and Orbx versions, but the thread you selected is closed.

Possibly this one was meant?

1 Like

Tried this, and set the rudder Authority to + 2.0 in the customisation settings and no matter what, its pulling left.

Thanks for your help however

I’ve only flown it once so far, for about 120nm or so, and I didn’t notice any consistent pull to the left or right. It was very much dependent on the wind, rather than anything the plane was doing.