New Release: Mario Noriega Designs C-22J

Yes, and the site where the POH is hosted is very interesting:

3 Likes

I love that site!
Also, a reformatted version is included with the aircraft. Together with a few more documents. Accessible within the package folder.

3 Likes

I recently picked it up while scrolling through the aircraft section on the marketplace. It’s really enjoyable to fly! I noticed one thing though. Using the realistic turbulence setting, the plane becomes pretty wombling even in a clear day with constant winds. I had the same problem in the Optica, and I guess that might be accurate because of the large wingspan? It did make me dazzle a bit :grinning:

It’s a nice and fun little personal jet. But remember, it weighs almost nothing, and It’s based on a sailplane design which has a lot of wing area, so I’m not surprised you’re getting tossed around in turbulence.

2 Likes

Just had a great update on Xbox including nose wheel fix and an optional gps.

2 Likes

Totally agree with you , lovely little jet plane.

2 Likes

I was a bit frustrated to see he implemented the Asobo GNS, rather than the WT GNS by default.

I swear, 2024 better sort this ridiculous-it’s-still-a-thing-after-all-this-time Asobo GNS vs WT GNS mess out once and for all.

They should have just eliminated the Asobo GNS and forced the WT GNS on every aircraft regardless if it broke things or not, because this way is just a mess.

3 Likes

I am puzzled by this…

The WT GNS supersedes the default, when installed. There are WT variables I am actively controlling within the C-22J.

1 Like

I do not have the free Marketplace download for the WT GNS installed. As a result, the GNS that was in the C-22J, when I loaded C&D, was the AS GNS.

However, I am reading on the recently released C207 thread that some users are reporting seeing the AS GNS on first load and then the WT GNS on subsequent loads. I do not know if these users have the Marketplace download installed or not. (Again, more confusion)

I have not attempted to reload the C-22J, so I do not know if that will be the case here.

By the way, I apologize for any harshness that may have appeared to be directed at you. It was not intended. This GNS mess is affecting many developers and users and I do not, in any way, fault 3rd party developers or users for this. Asobo/WT needed to do a cleaner job with this transition and, it frustrates me (and others) that this is continuing to be difficult to get right.

As an aside, it is my belief the WT 430/530 should have been the default GNS and a new Marketplace add-on created to install the AS GNS, if people wanted the simplified, feature poor, compatible with non-updated aircraft version. Having the AS units still imbedded in the sim seems like it is just keeping this confusing situation alive indefinitely.

EDIT:

I just looked at your panel.cfg file and you have this line:

htmlgauge00 = NavSystems/GPS/AS430/AS430.html, 0, 0, 350, 190

The “AS430/AS430.html” is calling the Asobo GNS. You need to alter the line to read:

htmlgauge00 = NavSystems/GPS/WT430/WT430.html, 0, 0, 350, 190

That will call the Working Title GNS by default without having to have the Marketplace add-on installed.

6 Likes

I see!
I kept it that way to ensure it will work even if you do not have the add-on.
I only have the free marketplace WT .
Perhaps I shall get the pay one and decide some clever logic

Wait!

There is no “paid” one that I am referring to.

(Honestly, this is crazy)

There is the original Asobo GNS units that shipped with the sim when it was first launched.

There is also the free Working Title versions of the GNS units that are supposed to be the replacements for the original Asobo versions. These were incorporated into the sim in, I think, the AAU1 update.

What seems clear, based on your confusion, is that this is confusing!!!

I believe that developers are supposed to be implementing the Working Title versions by default, by using the code like I offered for the panel.cfg file. Naturally, you’d need to ensure that the Working Title version doesn’t mess with any other aspects of your aircraft’s systems. Since you don’t have an autopilot (this is the usual thing that gets broken by the WT GNS units), I don’t think you’d have any issues, but you’ll need to check.

See:

GNS 430W / GNS 530W

The simulator’s Garmin GNS 430W and GNS 530W have been upgraded to bring them much more closely in-line with their real-world counterparts:

• Comprehensive visual overhaul for accurate font, symbology, look, operation, and feel
  • Advanced flight plan support, including support for complex departure, arrival, and approach procedures (arcs, holds, procedure turns, etc), with correct real-unit limitations (no radius-to-fix, heading, or some intercept legs)
  • Full RNAV support and simulation, with support for LPV, LP, LNAV/VNAV, and +V vertical guidance during approaches
  • GPS satellite and SBAS simulation, including orbital mechanics-based real satellite positions and accurate SBAS coverage areas, GPS status page
  • VNAV profile calculator page and associated reminders/alerts
  • Support for missed approaches and missed approach holds
  • Full specification-accurate ADS-B based Traffic Avoidance System
  • More accurate map symbology, procedure previews
  • Keyboard entry mode for waypoints, navaids, and direct-tos
  • Numerous customization options found on the real unit, such as metric/imperial units settings, map data fields settings
  • Satellite weather overlay support (NEXRAD)

These units have been added to the following aircraft in AAU1:

• C172 Classic
  • Cap 10
  • DA-40 TDI
  • DV-20
  • L-39 (Athena, Blue Ice, Pipsqueak, Robin 1, Sarance)
  • P-51D (Wee Willy, Lady B, Strega, Miss America)
  • T-6 (Almost Perfect, Baby Boomer)

Source:
Aircraft & Avionics I Release Notes [1.30.12.0] - Official Microsoft Flight Simulator / News & Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

3 Likes

For what it is worth, I have learned more about the GPS options from reading these posts than I ever knew before. The whole thing was so confusing for me that I just gave up trying to figure it out. I feel your frustration but you really have helped me understand the situation now!

1 Like

It is a bloody mess and totally frustrating that this is still going on, but frankly pretty much par for the course with this sim.

2 Likes

Ok, I need to triple- check all this once I go back home from vacation.

Cheers :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ciao, Mario, grazie!

I think what happened is that when the Asobo GNS was updated by WT they couldn’t upgrade everything by default because it would break some 3rd party aircraft and everyone would hate that. Instead developers are supposed to switch it themselves to select the WT version as Nixon showed above, this of course lets them test it and fix anything that breaks. So far so good.

What makes it confusing is the WT marketplace addon. This overrides 3rd party planes that use the Asobo GNS to use the WT version, which is convenient for users if it works, but a pain for developers when it doesn’t as they get lots of support queries for broken AP etc.

Now we have the situation that for some addons you want to install the WT override and for some you must uninstall it. This is a PITA for users and developers. I’m sure they were just trying to be helpful with this override capability but in hindsight it was probably a bad idea. As a consequence we also have developers not upgrading to the WT version because they don’t need to as users can just use the override addon. The situation is a right mess.

1 Like

I still think they should have broken them and created an AS GNS free add-on to replace the WT GNS free add-on.

The way they did it is causing issues nearly a year since the upgraded WT GNS units were released.

This needs to come to a close.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more, there are now active conversations about this in at least 3 current addon threads. It’s getting silly. WT and Asobo need to come to a decision about how to move forward.

3 Likes

Possible WT GNS in the C-22J? A perfect addon! Grazie!

How do I enable the GNS? I’ve updated to 1.5.14 and have the Garmin GNS 430/530 installed. thanks.