New release: Orbx PAKT Ketchikan International Airport

Orbx have released a MSFS PAKT Ketchikan International Airport for $10.91AUD (US$7.90 | €6,72 | £5.77) to go with their new and may I say amazing Alaska Mesh.

I haven’t got it but am tempted though holding out for some reviews/showcases first to make sure worth it for me but given the price and screenshots it definitely looks like a good addition if love flying around Alaska

1 Like

I think it’s so cheap because there is another PAKT airport by Northern Sky Studios, OrbX did something similar with the price for their KEYW airport too.

The other PAKT that has been out since September last year is a million times better. Little bit more expensive, but looks so much better. ORBX seems to be trending downwards in quality lately. It doesn’t even have custom jetways, whereas their P3D version did.

3 Likes

That’s a fair point about jetway but honestly it seems that is the major difference. Maybe a few signs and extra details too but for me it’s not worth paying 3x the amount of Orbx’s personally but that’s just me as fly GA and Military Jets so not sure once used a jetway in the simulator .

ORBX’s version is also missing various hangar buildings that the other one has. It is simply a port, not new build.

Mesh data for this airport is all wrong. Only mod in community folder. Submitted a ticket via ORBX

Any reply for remediation of the Mesh error? I have submitted a ticket - no reply yet.

Because I reported it on SU10 beta the told me they won’t investigate and closed the ticket as issues during beta are not supported for any simulator. If you’re on SU09 they may look into it.

33094 is my ticket # if you want to reference it. Their response is below. They then directed me these forums for “Support”.

“Hello,
I am not sure whether SU10 beta is or is not the cause, but we do not support our products inside beta versions of any simulator.”

I replied on my ticket that there is an additional reporting of a problem.

I purchased this scenery some time ago and decided to go have a look at it after reading through this thread. I am currently on Sim Update 9 (i.e., NOT the beta), and I am having the same issues with the mesh data. I do have the Orbx Alaska mesh installed, though I wouldn’t expect that to make much of a difference if people are getting this error with this being the only mod in the Community folder.

Orbx is just not what they use to be. :disappointed_relieved: I just don’t buy what they put out anymore thinking its the best.

1 Like

As long as you pick and choose, check reviews, there are still good Orbx products. Plus it’s a good repository of third party products, again as long as you get from well-known quality developers. Orbx’s foreign transaction fee bums me out though. And I don’t want to go through the issue of getting a special credit card w/out transaction fees just for them.

1 Like

Orbx insists nothing is wrong. They dropped the ticket.

Was very cheap, lessoned learned…

1 Like

Sorry that you went through that experience. I went ahead and purchased the Northern Sky Studios version of PAKT…it’s miles ahead of the Orbx version. No terrain issues. While it can suck buying the same airport twice, I give it my highest recommendation if you wish to send a few bucks Northern Sky’s way.

1 Like

Folks, I just landed the PMDG 737 here at PAKT Ketchikan (Orbx) in the rain. No BS/CTD. Toured around the airport with the drone view and did not find any glaring irregularities. While there are other more detailed versions available, this one is not bad right now so I will not upgrade it for the few times I am up here.

For me
Orbx has fallen off. The work has not moved along with the system and feels like no effort has been put into the work anymore.
Or MSFS is just that good, that it makes Orbx look obsolete .