New Release: Papercraft Aero Design UL Stride

simMarket: PAPERCRAFT AERO DESIGN - UL STRIDE MSFS

Another ultralight arrived! I am downloading as soon as the download link works - right now it’s 404 Not Found - I suspect the file is still being uploaded?

Review and screenshots coming as soon as I am able to get it downloaded.

2 Likes

Still can’t download it. There is no file. Come on, guys… Upload your files correctly. I paid and 40 minutes later I am still unable to download the product. Opened the ticket with SimMarket. This is annoying.

Finally, they fixed the download. Review up shortly.

Wishlisted on the website for now. Will await your review.

This is a s—show so far. Crashed the sim

on load. Thumbnail is blurry. No specs. No documentation. You can find it under “My Manufacturer / Simple Aircraft”

Let’s see if I can get it working.

Thanks. I think the blurry thumbnail is an issue affecting parts of the sim today. Hope you can get airborne and give us a quick review.

By the way, you mentioned another ultralight? Do you recommend that one?

EDIT: I found your thorough review.

1 Like

There is a second release, an amhibian version out too, im curious, i had something similar in xplane and loved it.

Although the lack of cockpit screenshots make me a bit hesitant

1 Like

So… This is actually really nice! The textures are beautiful and the view is unbeatable! It flies REALLY nice and the ground control is spectacular.

There are brakes! Even a parking brake (though no visual of any kind in the cockpit)
A few issues:

1. Do these guys not test their aircraft in the sim? How is it that it’s listed as My Manufacturer/My Simple Aircraft and a “Flyable Sample Aircraft” is a description in the hangar??? How does THAT get missed?

2. I don’t have any specs - range/cruise speed/max altitude. None of that is present

3. I can retract gear - cause I hear the default sound. Though obviously nothing is actually retracted. This makes me think if you accidentally do it, you won’t be able to land, cause the sim will think the gear is up.

4. The radio instrument on the left in the cockpit is INOP. I can still hear ATC, but… visually it’s dead. This is something that should get addressed maybe?

Overall, I am just in love with how it looks and flies. It’s probably the best out of all the ultralights out right now. Visually, it beats all of them for sure. It’s very tame and controllable in the air, but takes a while to bleed off speed (there are NO flaps)… So each of 3 landings I have done, I came in too fast and it was a bit of a challenge controlling it on the ground because it’s too fast, but use the rudder and brakes and you should be fine.

It’s a great value for $10! But the cosmetic stuff in how it appears in the sim should definitely get fixed. Would be nice if they did a little manual.

3 Likes

The amphibian aircraft is a completely different one. I have a separate thread for that one.

Where? i cant seem to find it

Purchased. Thanks for the review. It’s nice to support these developers.

1 Like

Let me know what you think! Curious to see what others think of it.

I like it, not arguing at the price either. I was looking to get a microlight for some chill out low and slow sightseeing so good timing. It’s tidy enough isn’t it, can see myself flying it about a fair bit :+1:

1 Like

Yup. Right now this will be my go-to UL.

After an hour - it is great for $10. It’s really a great way to explore the world. I would recommend it and will update the post after a few more hours of flying.

1 Like

I really love the look and feel of this but @BostonJeremy77 nailed all of the exact complaints I have. One other thing I’m noticing is that rudder is very pronounced in this but… is there a rudder in an aircraft of this type? Genuinely not sure but nothing visible is happening when I use the pedals.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your review.

1 Like

For that price it’s a nobrainer. But as a fanboy I like the flight model of the powersolo a bit more. The Stride (?) is on second place tho. Fun to fly and not as slow as you would think. They just need to fix the gear and the rudder. :wink: