New Release Red Wings Super Constellation

read the tread in discord,
glad DK has the patience and take the time to help :+1:

so i hope you get it right now,happy flying :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah there are definitely steps that I am not doing straight by the manual. Especially for BMEP settings in the climb as I am still learning this beautiful aircraft. Cruise I can dial those in pretty well and accurately. But it definitely works just fine to climb climb climb. Very rewarding to get the muscle memory down and where to go to in the cockpit. Custom saved views are key to move around the aircraft. Enjoy!!

How do you figure that? Tons of planes released a long time ago will undoubtedly come to xbox once/if they release wasm support.

Stil loving this beauty. Burbank KBUR is where I like flying it from most.

5 Likes

Considering buying this aircraft now its been developed a lot more.
Is it a long learning curve to learn the system and fly the aircraft?Is it hard to fly?

Yes it is quite hard to fly and that’s what makes it so interesting. The good news is that you have an automated flight engineer, automated copilot and even automated pilot at your disposal for help. For some people it makes sense to fly the pilot role and let the AIs handle the other positions. Others prefer to do it all.

To give you an idea the fuel system is like a puzzle game inside a plane, it has a lot of different possible setups and choosing the right one at the right phase of flight is very entertaining but if you are busy you can just delegate to the AI FE.

5 Likes

This plane can be easy or difficult to fly. You can choose between easy, medium or realistic on the EFB. It is also possible to choose pilot, co-pilot and flight engineer assistanse if wanted. So the plane suits a lot of different needs. If you like the type of plane, this is really worth it.

6 Likes

Thankyou very much for info.

I agree. If you can manage the DC-6, you can probably manage the Constellation as well.

1 Like

Does anybody know what this update addressed?

Posted on the redwing discord:

Redwing Team — 04/20/2023 3:14 AM
130/FIX2.4 USAF livery decals and number
131/FIX2.4 NAVY livery decals on wings
132/FIX2.4 center tail light beacon position
133/FIX2.4 LOD far away inside pink area
134/Fixe2.4 ADF selector
135/FIX2.4 Bendix radio display
136/ADD2.4 new fuel config system page on clipboard and dynamic selection
137/ADD2.4 WTT ready for PMS50
138/ADD2.4 meowing engine on ground during tests
139/ADD2.4 sound effect doors and windows open
140/ADD2.4 prepare simple career mode (free) clipboard page
141/ADD2.4 prepare complex career mode and mission (addon) clipboard page
142/ADD2.4 new cooler system according to airspeed, Propeler wash, OAT, alt and flaps use
143/ADD2.4 reset button for specific checklist
144/ADD2.4 new version short nose EN cockpit and KLM LIVERY
145/ADD+LINK for 5 new liveries (including last BRETLING paint) (edited)

Redwing Team — 05/31/2023 5:04 AM
146/ADD2.4 Stairs livery for Military and KLM
147/FIX2.4 instruments and nesa warning lights on start
148/FIX2.4 VACUUM SUCTION on low RPM
149/FIX2.4 decals bug
150/ADD2.4 oil dilution (simple) process managed by A.I.
151/ADD2.4 new data paper on F.E. desk for fuel flow over time
152/FIX2.4 press ready to fly do not reset manual payload and fuel conf.

1 Like

6 Likes

Anyone else taking a pretty noticeable FPS hit with this aircraft? I’m not sure if this update or just in general.

no,fine for me…7700k and 1080ti pc,high and ultra settings :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I’ll try again at a different scenery, I have a very similar PC (7700k + 1080) so it might have been situational or because it was my first load after the update.

1 Like

Epic response.

1 Like

clear shaders after update and restart…help for me most times :wink:
and set fps to 30

Where is the shaders cache?

2 Likes

Vielen Dank, mein Freund!

2 Likes