New Release Red Wings Super Constellation

Redwings officializes the release of its Super Constellation today at the end of the day (UTC +1:00) on simmarket.

It will be priced at 49.55€ (VAT included)

Full article in french below:

TRANSLATED:

Red Wings is releasing its Lockheed L-1049 Super Constellation late today.

The add-on will be available on Simmarket and in a few days on the MSFS Marketplace.

This aircraft has been pushed in the slightest detail, as much by the modeling, the textures as by its functionalities, an easy mod is available and a series of tutorials is already ready on YOUTUBE (see bottom of page).

Startup.
Warm-up.
Taking.
Take-off.
Auto-pilot.

AIRCRAFT: LOCKHEED L-1049 SUPER-CONSTELLATION.
DEVELOPERS: Red Wings
RELEASE DATE: 09/11/2021
AVAILABLE ON: Simmarket
PRICE: 50.82€ INCL. VAT
PLATFORM: MSFS
ATTENTION: THE PRICE MAY HAVE CHANGED SINCE THE DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THIS ARTICLE.

WHAT THE DEVS SAY :

After a management time worthy of the blue whale, REDWING is pleased to present its new device the LOCKHEED L-1049 SUPER-CONSTELLATION.

It is available on SimMarket for PC and in a few days on the Marketplace for Pc and Xbox.

The add-on includes a modified G AIR France L1049C version with a short nose, a TWA or Swissair L-1049G version with a long nose and wingtip tanks, and a BREITLING L1049B military cockpit version.

You will find on the Redwing website options to increase or decrease the resolution of the textures in 2K, 4K or 8K as well as a fix for the engine smoke management.

A precise roadmap is also available to present the planning of the modifications and additions to come.

The LOCKHEED L-1049 SUPER-CONSTELLATION is one of the legends of aviation. It was the first commercial airliner to cross the Atlantic in a single flight.

Its advanced technology and comfort, as well as its majestic shape, earned it its letters of nobility. Its nickname is ‘Connie’ or The Queen of Heaven many years before the 747.

MAIN FEATURES:

Optimized graphics and LOD.
8K and 4K PBR textures, including rain and de-icing effects.
Optional 4K, 2K and 1K texture packs.
Full 3D cockpit, electrical, hydraulic and de-icing systems.
Simplified passenger cabin to optimize FPS.
Additional 3D elements: stairs, movable doors, security and maintenance equipment, emergency rafts and 3D pump attendant during refueling.
WWISe spatialized sound package for Wright R-3350 engines, ambient sounds and alarms.
Easy mode for learning with visual aids.
Realistic and destructible flight model, including gear, flap and aileron problems, belly landing and ditching.
Smoke system for engine start-up, engine flame animation according to the mixture.
“1960” tablet for aircraft management and options.

LIVERIES

L-1049B or C121C (Breitling).
L-1049C/G (Air France with French cockpit).
L-1049G (TWA with wingtip tanks).
L-1049G (SWISS AIR with wingtip tanks).

12 Likes

It looks amazing, but on Simmarket it says “Early Access” and even if it is cheaper at launch I will wait until it is complete, I have way to many “Early access” add-ons at the moment, even the base sim is/was “Early access”. I will look forward to the complete release. Congratulations!

8 Likes

Alright, I know next to nothing about the L-1049, but with full flaps & only 15" of Manifold Pressure, I’m maintaining about 140-145kts on final approach. This is about the speed of a modern jetliner on approach. This cannot be correct, can it? This is also in a 5-10 degree nose-high attitude. Just seems off.

4 Likes

50 Euros for an “early-access” add-on?? As in, an unfinished release… at that price?

11 Likes

It a fully functional aircraft. The WIP item are QoL item.

1 Like

Well that’s fair enough then!

Not sure why they’d sell themselves short by calling it “early access” when you consider all the other rubbish on the market. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I think they just want to let people know more things are coming and you can get in early at a cheaper price. They do have a roadmap of item they want to add.

https://redwing-copter.com/aircraft-l1049/
STEP I (AVAILABLE)

A flyable plane with standard options / BREITLING version

STEP II (AVAILABLE)

A complete aircraft with essential systems

– AIR FRANCE version (french cockpit)

– TWA version with wing tanks

– SWiSS AIR version with wing tanks

STEP III (W.I.P.)

Hard mode / failures , emergency process, fire systems,

Full systems / non essential breakers, O² systems , Oil systems, complexe feathering system

Cargo version – MATS livery main

STEP IV

Weather radad, LORAN radio , APU all failures

L-1049 is available at STAGE II.

Work in progress: STAGE III

– Complexe fire extinguisher system

– feathering system

– Complexe fuel system managment

1 Like

I do not yet own the Constellation, but from the content that I’ve watched, this is an addon to be taken seriously. For example, check out this stream by TwoCats here: TwoCats Twitch Constellation Showcase

You can also download the manual & checklist here: Constellation Official Site

I’m very interested in this one, but am waiting for some trustworthy reviews. I read the manual a few days ago, and it reinforces that this is an addon with a lot of depth.

4 Likes

Most beautiful airliner ever made and “the best 3-engined airliner ever made”, so I really hope this model will do it justice. I have currently enough WIP on my system tho and the smoke effects looked cartoonish, but I’d buy the awesome trailer tune right away! :slight_smile:

1 Like

3-engined?

2 Likes

The Wright R-3350 engine had a notoriously bad service record.

4 Likes

That looks rather poor on the modelling / texturing side of things.

3 Likes

Indeed, like a direct FSX port of the model. The sim offers beautiful textures but its possibilities have to be used.

Like I said in the other thread. The video or screenshot doesn’t do it justice. Just go see the screenshot I posted, it’s superior to FSX/P3D texture.

Sry, which screenshot? :eyes: other thread?

1 Like

I’ll buy it once it is on the marketplace. They said that it’ll be on the marketplace in a few days. Good luck with that, given the backlog they have right now!

3 Likes

How is it compared to the PDMG DC-6? I guess that’s its competitor against which is most be judged, correct?

3 Likes

Not my type of plane, I will skip this one

$80 Australian.Sorry.Too much for me.Under $50 and I’d consider it.

4 Likes