New Release: Yakovlev Yak-18T by Nemeth Designs (v1.03 Aug 27)

https://www.nemethdesigns.com/payware/77-yakovlev-yak-18t-msfs.html

It is widely used as a sport aerobatic airplane both inside and outside the former USSR. It is powered by a 268-298 kW (360-400 hp) Vedeneyev M14P radial engine. Compared with other four-seat light aircraft the Yak-18T is only a little wider and longer but it is much heavier and is equipped with a considerably more powerful engine. The Yak-18T has strong construction, aerobatic capability and responsive handling characteristics and its performance and handling capabilities far exceed its western counterparts. When performing aerobatics, the solid airframe is rated to withstand G-loads from +6G down to -3G.

The Yak-18T was designed with versatility in mind so it can land on paved and unpaved surfaces, take off from noticeably short fields and it’s landing capability allows easy access to shorter runways. Its rate of climb is between 1000 and 2000 feet per minute. It is a big, aerobatic capable, four-seater with retractable landing gears that can be found throughout the Eastern Bloc countries working as trainer, transport, air-ambulance aircraft, aerial photography platform, pipeline patroller and more.

Features:

High Definition textures
Full Physics-Based Rendering material implementation
Authentic flight characteristics
Authentic flight system configuration
Classic avionics design but fully IFR capable
Implemented rain and icing effect both in the cockpit and the airframe
13 liveries
PDF manual

Note: I’m not the developer of Nemeth Designs, just a regular simmer sharing some news here.

6 Likes

5 Likes

nice, i like it, but i always wait for some reviews.

1 Like

thankfully, no GPS! excellent

5 Likes

Visuals look great but wasn’t there issues with the ultra light Nemeth put out months ago that were never fixed?

3 Likes

im sure there were. i dunno, i never had problems with the ultralight. i havent flown it in awhile tho, tbh

Okay. Despite promising myself that that was it until the 310R came out, I am interested. Watching the thread with an open mind, but GA without Lycoming or Continental is something that makes me wake up and since nobody has mentioned a Piston Provost, this might do very nicely instead.

the 18 is neat, and i do enjoy the yak52 in DCS, so this might be right up my alley

3 Likes

waiting on you, @BostonJeremy77 !

3 Likes

This does interest me.
But I will need to see some reviews and more information.

im likely to spring for this one even in the absence of reviews, but im at work at the moment . Ill consult the tea leaves later, and perhaps take the chance on this one

I am sure Jeremy will be all over this one. After all, he is from that side of the world, and has been constructively critical of this developer. This could be an opportunity for the developer to redeem some of their reputation. I hope they do, and if so, I will probably write a review of the aircraft for flightsim.com.

1 Like

what other MSFS plane have they made ?

On their website there’s only some helicopters for older flightsims. But the name rings a bell.

The Aerolite 103
https://www.nemethdesigns.com/payware/78-aero-works-aerolite-103-msfs.html
And the forum thread

oh, this thing. I even own that.

I did not like it. It had some mistakes, I remember the D-Pad being programmed simply incorrectly for changings views. Or at least not as it’s standard on all other planes.

Well, my interest just cooled down a lot.

1 Like

They released the Aerolite 103
Support (and updates) from this company on their released products is not very good from my experience and if you read their forums.

1 Like

i didnt know the d pad got programmed for views. i remember it being a great sightseer in VR

in monitor view, you press left on D-Pad and keep pressed and look left. Once you release it, view goes back to what it was before. same for right.
I remember it did not go back to the original vieew after releasing the button on the Aerolite.

I rely heavily on this behaviour to be normal.
It’s what you use to look to the left easily or right easily and then look back to normal view just by releasing the button again.

No idea if they ever fixed it, tbh. Maybe I need to install it again and check.

Frankly, I also just found out I do not like these 103 type aircrafts and maybe could have reprogrammed the buttons, But I don’t like to fly those things, which is just personal preference.

Weren’t they first supposed to fix the Aerolite before releasing the next one? Better keep your hands off this.

1 Like

I downloaded the Aerolite again from Content Manager.

The D-Pad view behaviour ist still all wrong and weirdly the plane doesn’t even start in a ‘cockpit’ view but some outside view.

Not gonna give these devs any money until they fix the Aerolite to MSFS standards, even if I don’t use it anyhow.

I have my principles.