New Simmers: Introduce Yourself!

Hi @MochaMantis6134,

Welcome here :grinning:!

You can assign custom views by using the Ctrl+alt and number keys (which you already did). You can then load that custom view using Alt+number. To return to the normal cockpit view you can press Ctrl+Space.

As Iā€™m doing this from the top of my head Iā€™m not exactly sure what the tutorial wants you to do, but it should tell you what button to press. If thatā€™s not the case you can also use the link I posted below to find the keyboard commands for a certain action.

There are a lot of shortcuts ā€¦

I hope this helps, if not, feel free to reach out to me.

Happy flying and great to have you aboard :blush:

Greetings,
Sleevezipper

Welcome to MSFS totalmoon. Iā€™m a copilot. Let me know if I can assist you. Rich

Hi. My Name is Ernie Adsett with username ā€œErnieAd01ā€. I am starting from ground zero on a PC with XBox simulation. Iā€™m connected to a friend who is training to be a missionary bush pilot in the near future. He has been a great help!
Just wondering where I should ask questions like: ā€œWhat are recommended controllers for MFS that work very well?ā€

Thanks very much and have a good day!
ErnieAd01

4 Likes

Welcome to InvalidDeer. My name is Rich. Iā€™m retired, so on most days. Live in Alaska! Iā€™m on XBox s. Iā€™m useing Thrustmaster Hotas, consists of Throttle, Joystick and Rudder Pedals.
Also a Copilot, can assist you.

1 Like

Hello! I am new to the forums, so I will introduce myself.

Iā€™m ā€œPortedCoyote862ā€ From Romania.
I am playing MSFS on PC with joystick and throttle.
Iā€™m trying Flight Simuation because I want to be a pilot in the future.
Iā€™m mostly interested in learning to fly realistic in Microsoft Flight Simulator.

7 Likes

Hello!

Welcome to the forums! :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forums and to MSFS

Hi everyone, Iā€™m Nick. Iā€™m from colorado and just got an Xbox from being a PlayStation user since ps1 just so I could get msfs. I have over 60 hrs real world experience in cessna 172s. Almost got my pilots license until I failed my oral. And never finished due to financial reasons. But have had the itch to sim and try my hand at it a bit again. Got a velocity one yoke and trying to get it all set up now to get started. Iā€™m sure I will be needing to ask you guys for help a bunch so I figured Iā€™d join the forum. Looking forward to learning from you all.

5 Likes

Being a newbie on here how do I make a new post to ask a question without replying to someone elseā€™s post?

You can click the ā€œReply to Topicā€ button at the bottom of the various topics to create a new post.

Hi! Iā€™m WaxingGibbous and Iā€™m new to the community. Iā€™m playing MSFS on Xbox series X. Iā€™m a big fan of traveling and the outdoors, so Iā€™m having a blast exploring the world through this game. Thanks to all of you for getting me through some snags already!

5 Likes

Welcome to the forums!

We are happy you are here!!

1 Like

Thanks faceted. Apparently I was too new and wasnā€™t given the option yet so quickly after joining as I was trust level 0. I was confused for a second. I got it now, thank you.

1 Like

Hello xNick. Welcome to MSFS. My name is Rich. Iā€™m a former GAPilot.
Iā€™m retired, so on most days. Living in Alaska.
On XBox S, using Thrustmaster Hotas System.
Would love to assist you with setup.

2 Likes

Hi Rich. Thatā€™s awesome that you flew GA. I enjoyed it a lot when I was doing it. I got my dad into it and he is now close to getting his instrument. So I get to fly with him still.

As for the sim, itā€™s mostly weird glitchy stuff that Iā€™m dealing with. My v1 yoke not working constantly mid flight and then I have to unplug they yoke and plug it back in. Seems like others are having similar problems. Apart from that just been trying to get the yoke set up with bindings and sensitivity settings that make sense to me.

Thanks for reaching out. I feel this forum is going to be a godsend for me trying to figure out problems I come across. I just hope to be able to help others eventually once I get a hang of this game down the road. Right now, unfortunately, I think Iā€™m going to be receiving more than Iā€™m giving.

Hey if anyone sees thisā€“and I apologize if this question isnā€™t in the right placeā€“why are there certain posts by other members (NOT locked) that I CANā€™T reply to? People are looking for suggestions and I canā€™t reply. Is this a trust level thing? Thanks in advance for your help! I went to the ā€œforum guideā€ to post this very question, but I couldnā€™t create a topic there, either (which makes sense). Thanks! Newbie hereā€¦

There are certain sections of the forums you canā€™t create or reply in. These include:

• News and Announcements
  • New Pilot Guides
  • Advanced Pilot Guides
  • Forum Guide
  • Content Creators (must be TL2 to post in Content Creators)
  • Archives
  • Product Announcements (third-party)
1 Like

Nick add me to your friends list in MSFS, and we can see if we can get you up and running!
My gamer tag is Gloomylake935! Gonna be on a little later!

Rich

Hello xNick . Add me to your friends list. Would love to fly with you!
I can give you a flight tour of Alaska.

Gloomylake935

Rich

Hi im new to msfs2020, iā€™ve been playing the game for about 2 weeks and I have an issueā€¦ my rudders arenā€™t working, if I press RT to turn right with my rudders nothing happens but the tail turns right and stays there until i press LT and same thing when I turn left so if you know how to fix this pls help