New Varjo Aero - Consumer VR Device

Hmm well I had no trouble with SU7 running Open XR for the Aero.

Could you let me know if you have the same issue as me in SU8 once you download it? So if restarting steamvr crashes MSFS with the Varjo OpenXRruntime. Thank you :+1:

Sure will.

Just got updated to SU8. I should be able to check this out sometime tomorrow. I have been using Varjo Open XR runtime it seemed to give me a little better performance.

Ok just did app 1 hour flight takeoff to landing, had no issue with Steam VR crashing. Even went in and out of VR a couple of times with no problem.
This was with Varjo Open XR runtime set.

Thank you. This bug seems to be gone for me too with the SU8 release

Good deal and you are most welcome! Hope it stays that way for you.

Just to update you guys - Varjo Base had a very nice update three days ago. It has made a big improvement in both quality and performance. Also pretty much edge to edge clarity now. Chromatic Aberration much better. Performance is very good considering.

3 Likes

Yeh several users are now reporting the distorsion they perceived is now gone or lessened after the update - for me there does seem to be less although i never considered it an issue anyway so i’m probably not best suited to comment on it.

hello everyone, I would like to take this vr device and I would like to ask you a few things: is it enough to take the headset and a Vive base? do you need a subscription or something else like the varjo superior products to be able to use it? does anyone come from a reverb for a comparison? build quality lives up to the cost of the product?
thank you very much to those who respond, I believe that I will order this product shortly.

I don’t have one but you definitely don’t need a subscription for the Aero!

No subscription needed. The Aero still has a couple of issues, which are currently being addressed by the developers. For example, the distortion and to some extent also chromatic aberration most people experienced has almost completely been solved by the latest software/firmware update released a couple of days ago. Build quality appears ok to me, though I have not owned any premium range products to compare to yet.

For seated use you only need 1 or 2 base stations and the Aero, I started this way and only later extended my playspace for standing action using my index controllers.

Since day 1 with the Aero I have not looked back to my Reverb G2. The clarity and sweetspot are just so ■■■■ good.

Thanks for your kind replies, attached is the quote made by a company that manages the product here where I live, in Italy. at this point I think I will buy directly on their shop. so from what i understand i buy the aero and a Vive base and i can already start flying with MFS, right?
Thank you

I just joined the forums to report a small MSFS bug so I thought I would drop by and say hi to fellow Aero users. I have had mine for about 6 weeks and I am loving it. Any niggly issues I did have with it seem to have been taken care of by the recent 3.5 update to the Base software. Given the Aero and its latest update as well as some of the new additions to MSFS and recent addons I am a pretty happy pilot these days.

1 Like

That “aero offline/unlock subscription” for 500 euro looks very strange, u do not need a subscription for it. The 1990 euro looks correct, you’ll have to pay taxes on top of that.

1 Like

Yep Aero after latest update is one incredible headset. Entire image is pretty much the sweet spot now. And seems with the new distortion profile ( currently you have to enable it in the software as it is experimental) my performance even went up some. Incredible really. I could not be happier now with my Aero. Varjo is knocking this one out of the park.

thanks for the answers, one last question: do you recommend one or two tracking stations?
thank you

if you’re going to be simming mainly i.e. msfs 2020, dcs, assetto corsa, then i’d say u need 1. i have 2 basestations but i rarely use both (i only use both when playing Alyx or Lone Echo etc).

thanks for the answers

1 Like

Hey everyone, we have some exciting news for Aero users today!

We’ve been getting this request for a while now
 since before we released the Fixed Foveated Rendering. Originally, we had no plans to work on “full” Foveated Rendering, because we don’t even have a device that supports it
 But given the excitement from the community, I felt we had to give it a try!

So here we are, announcing that we’ve got Foveated Rendering with Eye Tracking coming!

This is not going to be available right away - we still need a little time to polish it - but we already have pretty good results with it!

A huge thanks for our very own @NumberNumber481, who made it possible for us to develop this feature, remotely, and experiment with his Varjo Aero headset!

12 Likes