NEWLIGHT Improvement your aircraf taxi and landing light

Hello to all the community, I would like to present you a small mod that I created and that could answer a need for some people who like to fly at night. As soon as the simu was released I said to myself “what a pity that with a game of this quality that the exterior lighting is not worked”. That’s what I’ve been trying to do since April 2021 by working on ground lighting projection textures and the visual aspect with the means at hand and without knowledge. Here is the page where this mod is available New Light ( enhancement taxi, landing light and other extrior light ) pour Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS . By the way, some developer contacted me to integrate Newlight into their model or mod, I don’t know if I can quote them but I will gladly do so to thank them again if possible. By request of the MSFS staff, please make the support request on the mod’s website or on the discord indicated on this one. LIGHT UP THE SKY

5 Likes

Thanks, I’ll check it out! Mainly interested in the CRJ at the moment.

Had you previously checked out this mod?

Aside from a few different aircraft available at the moment, curious if you had looked at it and what was different with yours versus this?

Thanks!

Hi, yes I know uwa, I was inspired by this mode but it only worked on the standard edition Asobo models and without textures. With newlight there is a texture and compatible with all Deluxe and premium edition planes and on free and paid models that I buy as I go along. The crj is not kept up to date unfortunately as I don’t own the model, I worked on it a bit with the files provided.

1 Like

Is this just for default or Asobo based aircraft? Would this work for PMDG?

I think this could be a cool mod. However, I personally wish Asobo or a developer would actually make it so the airports aren’t pitch black at night. I’ve never seen a major airport where the gates and terminals are be as dark as they are in this sim at night. It’s rather annoying and immersion killing.

Yes it’s work for PMDG 737-700 for moment, for 737-800 maybe this weekend

For the overall airport lighting I use this one;

There is some good stuff in there, nice work Nicottine30!

Uwa

1 Like

Thanks so much

Will you be updating yours anytime soon? :slight_smile:

One of the best add-ons. Very nice work. Thank you for this. :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks, will get around and give it a shot and report back.

In order to perfect Newlight and to get closer to reality, I’m looking for those that all the light doesn’t pass through the hull, the wings … and generates hombres, if someone has an idea it would be great !!! I already had a solution for not having the effects in the cockpit and that’s cool

NEWLIGHT updated 4.9.5

5 Likes

New Light is top! However, with the latest MSFS release, it gives a conflict on the Daher TBM 930. When New Lights for TBM 930 is installed, the Garmin does not start up when bringing the plain on BATT or GEN power. Hope you can solve this as the MSFS native lightning is terrible!

Thank you!

for the tbm there is no need for the z-newlight-settinglight-tbm930-improvement file which was for the mugz model improvement you only need z-newlight-effect-light

Hey @Nicottine30 , I finally got around to installing your mod and it’s amazing! Thanks for the hard work and for doing what Asobo hasn’t been able to do in years.

Can you make a separate version of the mod that only changes taxi and landing lights? I found a few issues with the beacons not being reflected on the aircraft’s body and such. I really only need to see the taxiway and runway at night but I would like to leave all other lights in their original state. I tried messing around with the files and json but it’s not easy without knowing what each file does.

Merci beaucoup!

Thank you! Yes in fact there are beacons that do not reflect because there is a complication, the lights go through all objects even the aircraft chassis so no projection of shadows and lights not effective to avoid feedback in the cockpit. In Newlight, it’s not only increased intensities, it’s also more real flash rates and different tints depending on the model. I will make a file only for taxi lights and landing for those who want it.

1 Like

Awesome! And I was reading through and I saw you mentioning those issues with the lights in past posts. It makes sense.

Nicottine,

Thanks for the suggestion. However, when I only use the z-newlight-effect-light, the TAXI and LANDING lights are not improved (strenghtened). They “shine” weak as they do in the standard MSFS. So it seems that only the z-newlight-effect-light does not have an effect. Or do I do something wrong?

Carl